UGH I hate google. Reassurance??

ds0910

Mom; 2 angel babies
Reaction score
Ok here's the thing....I am about 5-6 weeks and we just got a new kitty a few days ago (after asking my OBs charge nurse who assured me it would be fine and to just try and avoid the litterbox or wear gloves and a mask if I had to clean it) and lastnight........I googled "kittens and pregnant women". So naturally all the toxo stuff popped up (which I of course already knew about and googled it just to make sure I was doing everything I needed to to cut out the risk) and now I am a nervous wreck and afraid to even touch the kitten for the 6 weeks she would be contagious, smh. DAMN GOOGLE!!! I think what freaked me out the most is she fits into the higher risk category for cats. She is a kitten, her mom was a stray so she is a little feral but is warming up quickly, and her mom was teaching them how to hunt by bringing up chipmunks and such. Any reassurance you ladies can offer?

Personally, I don't think I could resist kitten cuddles. If you're worried, perhaps a check up vet visit should be made, just to ease your mind
(and make sure kitty is healthy). Google is sometimes more of a curse than a blessing, as long as you're staying away from the litter box you should be just fine.

I've held up on the first vet visit to try to limit traumatic experiences until she got a little more used to being loved on and being in a new place without Momma and siblings since she is a little on the feral side, but since she is warming up so well and I am so nervous I think I'll go ahead and take her in Monday for her full workup and request a toxo screening. Thanks :)

I know several woman who where pregnant while owning cats and kittens. Their babies are fine :) I think as long as you take the precautions of wearing mask and gloves while cleaning litter box and maybe clean his paws when he gets through in the box so it isn't tracked in the house. That's probably a little too cautious but if you are worried just keep kitten clean :)

I have a young cat, it's their poop that can be dangerous but I'm sure that's more in outdoor cats, I don't know, don't Quote me on it :haha:

I get my hubby to change the litter but I have lots of cuddles with my kitty.

Don't worry honestly! I know tons of people who were pregnant with cats and kittens. There are so many things you can worry about...or not. Try to relax and enjoy this special time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->