UGH i have to RANT !!!

Samantha87

Reaction score
Ok...so I had posted on here before about my OH's mother making comments about how we should never have children and blah blah blah. So I told her at some point I would like to have children. And just because her other son made a mistake by having Three children with a crazy chick Doesnt mean that i should be denied having my own children with her other son...who is not like his older brother at all!!!
So anyhoo, Today she made another comment. We went over to the neighbours to give them a gift for their new baby. We then came home and she was like did you tell steven(my OH) That you saw the baby? And i was like yeah i did. And she was like you told him how you never want one right???? I just didnt know what to say i just laughed and walked away....UGH why does she neeed to make these comments towards me. Me and my OH are not like his brother and his girlfriend
sorry girls...i just had to get it off my chest :hissy:

Wow. I'm sorry.
You would think that she'd at least know her son well enough to NOT make the same mistake? OR that she would act like she WANTED grandchildren?

I don't know your situation, but I would be pissed, too!

my mother in law is dead against me having any more... i have 2 yet she always says she wishes she had had more children she had 2. she wanted 4. so why tell me stop having children if she knows how it feels t o have missed the chance to have more..... its so annoying and i wish she would butt out.

once your pregnant she may change her opinion.

If that was my MIL she would be in TROUBLE.But then Im not one of those people who keeps their mouth shut around their MIL.
Ignore her honey.Its your life.Not hers xx

HAHAH thanks girls:D
Yeah...I think that her feelings would change once i had a little one. Hopefully anyways.:blush:

:hugs:
Next time say to her dont you want grandchildren?!!!
Wouldnt worry about her hun
x

My mum told me not to give her any grandchildren for a long time as she was too young to be a granny (she had me very young). I was a bit worried about telling her when I was pregnant even though I was married because I didn't think she would be too happy but she surprised me by being really excited. I think it's hard to judge how your MIL will feel until the time comes but if she is really that against you having kids I wouldn't listen, it's your life and she will be the one missing out not you x

Dont people just drive you mad? At the end of the day sweets, its your life. As long as you and OH are happy, sod the rest of them!!

awww, it's upsetting when they say things like this, but hopefully you will be able to show her how different you are to your OH's brother and she will be happy for you - it;s just a shame you have to put up with that in the meantime :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->