UGHH..The Freaking Heat!!! How are you handling it?

HappiestMom

Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl
Reaction score
Im almost 20 weeks..actually 10-12 lbs less than my pre preggie weight which was very overweight anyway...and this heat is just..horrid!!..its hot...muggy...sticky..no breeze.. Im hating it!!!:growlmad: and its only the 2nd day of June..seriously..?!?!?

Hubby bought us a $20 inflatable pool so I can get some sun..which I desperately need but stay cool too..and I picked up some waterbabies SPF75 broadspectrum sunscreen to protect me and the bump..I also plan on rigging up our big umbrella to give some shade as well..but still getting in/our of the car at the stores during the day..is miserable..

How is everyone else handling the early summer heatwave?:shrug:

I'm not! LOL. There is an AC in the living room but my room one broke so I haven't put a new one in yet.. just a fan. They're just too damn expensive! I'm pretty much just wearing as little clothing as possible and staying hydrated LOL

we have central air..otherwise I would die lol..we have fans all over the house going lol lol...its ok inside but step outside for like..1 min and you are sweating from just standing there..blah!

At home I'm only wearing my knickers and all the fans are on. Been drinking tons of icey water and eating italian ice's.
At work...ugh...sitting down lots and drinking water and complaining lol.

i saw on the news that the Eastern 2/3 of the US is experiencing higher than normal temps, and i thought about you ladies who are preggo - :hugs: i hope you guys get a cool front soon.

It has been in the 90's this past week or two here in the Philadelphia area. Humid and miserable. Thank goodness I have this new snowcone machine and my husband runs around pointing a fan at me to keep me cool. haha

I live in South Florida, and summer started here in April!!! Its been in the 90's everyday for like the past two months! plus its humid and sticky!!! I cannot stand it! Thank goodness I work indoors and my AC at home works very nice- but the electric bill is going to be a killer :(

I feel for all you ladies, I'm dreading the heat that's bound to come. However, where I'm living in Canada it snowed today - YES, Snow in June! Never expected this one when it was in the mid 20's and hot yesterday.

Makes me wish I had a summer home in like..freaking Antarctica...lol lol.. the one thing I am glad for though is that by the time Brieanan is born this heat will be over..I would hate to have a newborn in this heat...soo much easier to keep them warm and toasty than to keep them cool...

I pretty much refuse to leave my lovely central air unless I absolutely have to :thumbup: I work from home, so it works out pretty well for me, otherwise I would probably be a very very cranky preggo

Mmm - it was a high of 57 degrees here in Glasgow today!!!

BUT we are forecast a heatwave tomorrow (yes, a 1 day long heatwave!) reaching the highest temperature so far this year of up to 70 degrees!!:flower:

So jealous of the snow lol lol....and Im a stay at home-er too so luckily I dont usually have to go out unless I just want to get out of the house..but I always go to somewhere with AC even just to the library to read lol..just for a change of scenery

And I was just complaining about how it's still pretty chilly out where I live! We are finally going to hit 80 on Saturday... but it won't last long... we've not gotten a real summer or even spring yet!!! Ah, the north west!!!!

Hope you ladies are able to stay cool! We just had central AC installed in case it does get hot this summer... otherwise I'll buy a kiddie pool for the backyard!

Maybe take some cool baths??? Best of luck!

Ok Ladies..Im going out to inflate and fill the kiddie pool..if I dont come back and make a post in 2 hours lol..someone come peel me off the lawn and bring some ice water lol lol...be back later lol...lol...

wow i guess were all having weird weather but its been nice here in southern CA its been around 80 the last few days but had rain on sunday morning and it was pretty cold the night before....we still have a nice breeze and its not to bad yet but when we hit the 110 degree days i dont think im going to be to happy

I had doors and windows open and fans on all day, bad hayfever though :(

97 degrees here in Louisiana! With our humidity, weather.com says it feels like 108! :coolio:

it was BOILING here today, took the kids to the park and i had to stay in the shade, i was just dripping!! even at home with all the windows open it was still to hot!

finally figured out how to use the shopvac in reverse and blew the pool up..and filled it up...of course it is freezing cold water from the hose so will have to warm up in the sun a bit tomorrow morning before I even think of putting my butt in there but I cant wait!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->