Uh oh! Nappies gone mouldy :S

Pikkle

Reaction score
Oh my goodness, help me! I moved house a while back, and lost my nappy bucket, and just found it .... with some nappies in, which are now mouldy! Worse thing is, its a blueberry that I borrowed from someone! They are currently on a 90 degree wash, but help! What if it doesn't work? Oh god, I feel sooooo bad!!! Any tips??

Oh no!! Don't know Hun sorry, hope someone can help!

X x x

eek! 90 degree wash could be way too hot! it can ruin the waterproof layer of the nappy

eek! 90 degree wash could be way too hot! it can ruin the waterproof layer of the nappy

I did put them in, and instantly regret the 90 degree decision, but too late now, and hopefully ok as a one off! oh gawd, Im gona make it even worse aren't I!!!! Ohhh I feel terrible :(

OK. Worst case scenario (barring the 90 degree wash, which should hopefully be fine as a one-off), there will be staining. Now, Dr Beckmanns do a product called Stain Devil which I have used to remove mould and mildew stains before, very successfully (as in they were gone, 100%). My caveat is that I've never used it on a nappy. It worked where vanish, soda bic, vinegar, lemon juice, you name it, hadn't done jack.

My gut feeling is it'd be ok to use with lots and lots and lots of rinsing afterwards, but obviously I can't guarantee that :blush:

Wait and see how things look when the wash finishes :hugs:

Ok thanks! And typically its decided to rain today, after my next attempt was going to be to sun bleach them! So I may do another wash, if this doesn't work, although not so hot, and then hope tomorrow they can be bleached in the sun!

My easyfit is mouldy too :( x

Well, there is a slight stain on the blueberry and a few others, the wrap (nature babies) now has a hole in (oopsy, at least that ones mine!) so they are now on a normal wash! I think I will try and sun bleach them, when the sun comes out! Oh dear, feel so awful!

Also, Had put nappies to one side whilst moving as had so much to get sorted that didn't have time, have just bought her 'Sainsburys little eco' nappies, and they have burnt her skin :(

Oh I had a nappy that got stained when I lost my wetbag. Bit of Vanish sorted it out :)

Oh no :(

Honestly, if you've washed the Blueberry on 90 degrees and it's damaged another wrap in the load, I would just bite the bullet and buy a replacement nappy for the person you borrowed it off, cos you won't be able to see whether there's any damage inside it. But then at least you can hopefully remove any stains from the rest and keep the 'damaged' one yourself.

I had a BGV3 get mouldy but that had been sat in a wetbag for a week in the car... i did 2 40 degree washes, then vanish bar on a 30 wash and all marks were gone.

the inserts were a little stained but after the vanish bar they werent. Hopefully it comes out, but i agree with replacing the blueberry, thats an expensive nappy to have possibly damaged/ruined. xx

:( There are holes in one of the night nappy inserts. I feel so awful. I am going to have to buy new ones for her.
She was actually selling these once I have done but I am too scared to tell her what I have done to them :( I feel such a bad person

If she was going to sell them just offer to buy them!

X x x

Aww I'm sure she won't mind. Washing incidents happen and if she was that fussy, she wouldn't lend them to people. If she was going to sell them anyway, I'd just fess up and offer her whatever she would have got for them. You'll be saving her the hassle of selling them!

I know, I am just really nervous to tell her! She is a lovely lady, and she wouldn't get angry, but I just don't want her to think I am irresponsible :( I am going to have to tell her!

just be honest and offer too pay what she was going too sell them for

I am sure she will understand :flower:

I think you should probably buy a replacement. Even if it looks like it's better it may still have mold spores and in a diaper I'd think that's pretty serious. Honestly, would you want to wear panties that had previously been moldy?

oh sorry I just saw the rest of this and had only seen page one at first!
\

I have never succesfully removed mould stains i never had them on a nappy but i have gotten them on a bib or 2 (the waterproof back ones)

So, how did it go? I bet she was lovely about it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"