uk bedroom tax

Doesnt effect me but I do agree with it, i think its reasonable.

We were in a 3bed when we got the letter but have since moved out of council accommodation. I did thibk it was a bit ridiculous now saying that I was now only entitle to a two bed after the council previously only let me bid on threr bed propertys. I appealed it anyway due to my son's needs and won but we have since moved out of council x

Makes you wonder thougg. The council said I was not to bid on a 2 bed as I I wouldnt get one lol then said I had to many rooms 5yr later lmao

I agree with it

We own a 2 bed so Rhys and Liam share, I would love a third bedroom but we cannot afford it

I agree with it. Too many people just believe it is their right. However with the disabled I don't agree,likewise with those families who have someone serving in the armed forces. But I think if you want the spare bedroom, then you should have to pay for it. It only brings it into line with LHA x

Currently doesnt affect me. But I think its fair depending on the circumstances. People claiming Local Housing Allowance (private). Only get a fraction that people in Council Houses get. I dont agree that those who are disabled and need the extra room should be affected.

I agree with it. Too many people just believe it is their right. However with the disabled I don't agree,likewise with those families who have someone serving in the armed forces. But I think if you want the spare bedroom, then you should have to pay for it. It only brings it into line with LHA x

If the person serving is down as living there (on council tax bill etc) wouldn't that mean that the room isn't spare anyway?

I mean like if they were living with parents etc cos then they wouldn't be on the council tax bill would they? Correct me if I'm wrong though! X

I live in a 3 bed council property but it doesnt affect me as we pay full rent, dont recieve any housing benefit. I would be pretty peed off if it did effect us tbh, we desperately needed a council property but were told we wouldnt be offered any 2 bedroom flats as they were deemed "too small" for us plus a baby and a newborn so had to wait for a 3 bed to come available. Luckily we are financially stable now so recieve no benefits and are now looking to buy elsewhere. I do believe that once you are on your feet so to speak you should free up properties for those who are in desperate need!! Far too many people see them as their home for life, when they really should not be (unless you are severely disabled or a pensioner etc. But to refuse people smaller properties in the past was a gross misjudgement!

I agree with it, the notion of a "a house for life" has to end. If your children have gone then I'm sorry but you don't need the house it never was your house, it belongs to the council and u rented it! If you want a house for life then buy one.... And I don't see why someone with one child should have a three bed house for example, although I appreciate that there might of only been a three bed available at the time, in which case the council should offer to move you to the appropriate size and if they cant then you should be allowed the extra room for free etc....

People were protesting against this in my city at the weekend but I agree with it

We are with a housing association linked through the council & we are in a small 2 bed, we have been told it can take 6 years to be moved to a 3 bed (baby no 3 on the way) but we are okay with this.. We earn too much to get housing benefit but not enough to private rent.. If all 3 were the same sex I would stay in this 2 bed until they had left home.

I know of too many people that earn a lot (£50,000 +) but are still in council houses or have spare rooms doing nothing and one day we will run out of land to build on!

X x

I totally agree with it, and although we are in council accommodation- it doesn't affect us as we only have 2 bedrooms.

It's so annoying that waiting lists are so long for larger properties, when its purely peoples selfishness preventing them from downsizing.

I have people on FB moaning about having to downsize because they have lived there for their whole lives :S That's the beauty of RENTING though, you can live there forever but you still have no claim to the property... If you want to live somewhere permanently- the only option is to buy it.

I do think that people with disabilities should be exempt though x

This pretty much sums up my feelings

I agree with this. I also think that you should be reassessed every few years. I know of people in council homes who have more surplus income than what we bring home before we've paid a single bill.

i dont know what to think.

So where are grandchild going to stay when they stay over plus i read a story that a woman had her 2 sons live with her and they are in army and she got a letter saying she has to pay room tax. So if she has to move where are her sons meant to go. Yea u fight for ur country and thats what u get. If u search around there isnt enough 1 bedroom places around if u are on ur own or coupld

i totally agree with it

So where are grandchild going to stay when they stay over plus i read a story that a woman had her 2 sons live with her and they are in army and she got a letter saying she has to pay room tax. So if she has to move where are her sons meant to go. Yea u fight for ur country and thats what u get. If u search around there isnt enough 1 bedroom places around if u are on ur own or coupld

i dont think sleepovers for grandchildren should be considered at all. this should be about what is necessary housing wise, for the people who live in the property.

also the woman with 2 sons in the army, surely between them they could pay the few pounds a week anyway?

They changed the rules for the Armed Forces last month she shouldn't have to pay extra in that scenario. As for grandchildren, as the PP says that's a luxury not a necessity, we can't really expect families to live in crowded conditions because there are grandparents wanting the extra space in case their grandchildren stay hogging houses.

i totally agree with it

i dont think sleepovers for grandchildren should be considered at all. this should be about what is necessary housing wise, for the people who live in the property.

also the woman with 2 sons in the army, surely between them they could pay the few pounds a week anyway?

Its not the point that they could split it its the fact they do live there when on leave.

I suppose if u pay full rent u can live with extra rooms

i totally agree with it

Its not the point that they could split it its the fact they do live there when on leave.

I suppose if u pay full rent u can live with extra rooms

it has been pointed out that the rules for armed forces are different anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"