UK ladies.. 12 week scan question

LoveMyBaby786

Reaction score
I just want to ask did you recieve a letter from the hospital confirming your scan date and time and saying you should have a full bladder etc..
My scan is monday as when I called up few weeks ago this is the date I was told but I have not recieved any letter? Just wondering should I be receiving one as I did with my first pregnancy..

Were I am we don't ring up for appointments they just send you it in the post so I don't know. But good luck for Monday xx

Thank you :) I should be roughly 10 weeks on monday hoping all goes well! Im from Cardiff in Wales and both times have been told to ring a number and book my scan

I just received a letter through the post after my first midwife appointment.

We have to make our own where we are after midwife referral, no letter confirmation. I was also told full bladder not necessary.

Thanks. How much water am I meant to drink and how long beforehand should I start drinking? I will be 10 weeks so im guessing I will need a full bladder

With our first (haven't got there yet with this pg) the midwife rang while I was with her in my booking appt and never had a confirmation letter!

I got my later the other day ill check for you on the drinking for you... My early scan was half pint to pint half hour to hour before x

You receive the letter usually about a week before the appointment xx

Mines on monday which is why I was wondering why didnt I recieve a letter

Mines on monday which is why I was wondering why didnt I recieve a letter

Oh thats strange! I was at my midwife appointment on thursday, she phoned the hospital right away and got me booked in for the 20th... she said i'd receive my letter some time this week coming xx

You should empty your bladder one hour before and drink normally so you have an adequately but not overfull bladder where it's uncomfortable. Good luck xx

I just got a letter with the date and time today for 6th Feb. bit disappointed really as would of liked to discuss it with someone on the phone to arrange a date rather than just given one.

You should empty your bladder one hour before and drink normally so you have an adequately but not overfull bladder where it's uncomfortable. Good luck xx

I wish someone had told me that before my scan with DD. I nearly had an accident in the waiting room :dohh: xx

On my letter it says to drink 2 pints of water or fruit squash one hour before.

Don't know how I'm gonna handle that as I'm peeing like mad lol

My scan is on Wednesday. Good luck!

On my letter it says to drink 2 pints of water or fruit squash one hour before.

Don't know how I'm gonna handle that as I'm peeing like mad lol

My scan is on Wednesday. Good luck!

That's what mine says!

Luckily my scan is at 10:40 so aslong as lo doesn't get up stupidly early, I should be ok!

Thank you! I will call them up monday morning to confirm my appointment and must remember to pee an hour before so I dont explode whilst im there lol

I received a letter 3 days after my first ever appointment with my doctor, about 2 weeks before my first m/w appointment!!

Extremely efficient daan saarff!

with mine i was worrying a bit because i had my gp appointment the day after i found out i was pg and he sent off the referral for antenatal care etc, but i hadnt received anything 3 weeks later. a couple of days after 3 weeks, i got 3 letters in one envelope, one for my midwife booking appointment, one for my scan and a consultant appointment. i think it's different depending on where abouts you are, but where i am they actually get a bit snotty with you on the phone if you try to organize a scan by phone because everything is done by referrals and post! lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->