UK ladies - disposable pants for hospital bag?!

nickynora

1 fab 4yr old & 1 angel x
Reaction score
Advice needed really -

Did you take disposable pants for after delivery?
If so which did you find best?
Or should I just get some cheap 'big' knickers? I'm usually more of a 'shortie' girl so don't know!

I didn't when I had my lb, I took old some old ones I had but was told they weren't suitable! And given some by hospital. This time I plan on taking some (though I'll only use them while in hospital) but I dont know which to get??!! I've heard tesco ones are not so good?

I've got some from mother care and some primark huge pants to wear!!

i bought some cheap ones from primark. just the low rise briefs in a bigger size. i did that last time and found they were great, esp for maternity pads. I also wear the shortie type pants. Dont know why anyone would want disposable pants!! just buy cheap, black ones and chuck um if they get ruined xx

I've heard they are all nasty!

The one that had the least negativity were Boots. So I have bought 1 pack. I just intend to use old black knickers that I've got about 50 pairs off. (I'm having a home birth hopefully)

Cheap knickers cost less than dispodible anyway! Im planning to get cheap black ones again prob from Tesco.

I did buy some in my last pregnancy but never wore them! Took them out the packet and had a look and just no way did I fancy wearing them! I bought some cheap primark pants and they were great. x

I just got a 5 pack from asda and wore them for 24 hours after birth then used a pack of cheap black briefs i'd bought from asda once the disposables were done. I felt more secure and comfortable in the black knickers.

I've got disposable knickers for the first couple of days then I'll go back to my normal pants. If you do get disposables, lots of people recommend getting the next size up as they can be a bit tiny! X

Big black cheap knickers. Works out cheaper and you can use them more then once

I was thinking big and black as apposed to disposable, but wasn't sure!!

I've bought some big black ones from asda, pack of 5 for about £3-£4 x

I found disposable pants useless! I had a couple of packs, can't remember where they were from but different makes. They ripped and didn't contain blood :dohh:. I had a bunch of cheap big briefs from Primark and they were fine :)

But you could go through a pack of those in one day.

Same could be said for normal ones though could it not?!

I was only thinking for use I hospital - then will get some cheapie ones for home?

But you can wash normal pants so get more then one wear out of them.

I'm gonna get a couple of multipacks of primark big knickers which I wont mind throwing out. Disposables just sound scratchy and uncomfortable!

I could not stand the disposable ones....I felt so wrong wearing them, even though no one could possibly see them or tell I was wearing them :lol: I just didn't feel comfortable wearing them.

2nd time round I just bought a few packs of cheap black knickers from primark...plan to do the same this time round.

I would also say buy the next size up as you really don't want anything tight and plus the maternity pads bulk them up a little.

x

I wasn't going to get Amy, but Superdrug are doing two packs of 6 for £1.49. Might be awful but at that price I though worth packing to see how I go with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->