UK ladies - disposable pants for hospital bag?!

I wasn't going to get Amy, but Superdrug are doing two packs of 6 for £1.49. Might be awful but at that price I though worth packing to see how I go with them.

Ooo thats worth looking at!

Think I might get one pack maybe, and some cheap big black knickers too!! Can't go wrong if I have both I guess:shrug:

Thanks ladies x

I had to have a c section and found them great the first 24 hours. I couldn't bend down to change my underwear very easily, so when in the loo, I could take off pants and pad, chuck them out, and put fresh ones on. I'd also be wary of low rise underwear just in case you do end up with a c section for whatever reason. The bigger the better!! x

Yep tesco disposable pants are pretty awful the material and elastic in them has no give in it at all and they are really skimpy. Mothercare and ASDAs ones were identical to each other a couple of years ago and they were really good. TBH I can't be bothered with washing pants in the first few days so the disposables are ideal. Also the mothercare and asda ones have a little slot in the gusset which helps pads to stay in place even better xx

I've always bought a couple of packets of asda smart price knickers (not disposable) - a size bigger. I'm happy to bin them if they get stained and I'm sure they're much more comfortable than paper ones. Actually this time I've bought Matalan ones - I like a bit of variety haha

I got 2 packs of disposables from mothercare, but I will pack normal black knickers as well, a size that used to fit me well at around 5th-6th month, and of course incontinence pads.

The disposable pants aren't paper, it's a common misconception, they are made of a soft flexible non-woven material. I personally find them more comfy than regular knickers at first as the good ones have no real seams or potentially scratchy lace to cause a problem. Also if you're plus sized its not always easy to find cheap pants in a size bigger than usual. What I usually do is use disposables for the first couple of days at least, then use my old pants I was wearing throughout pregnancy and are getting a bit long in the tooth, then I usually have already bought some nice new comfy pants that I only break into once my post natal bleeding has stopped xx

I got disposable last time round only to find in hospital the damn things were too tight, especially since I had a c-section. So I ended up wearing big pants which were fine. This time round got some cheapo tesco black ones two sizes up just in case.

I just got big black cheap knickers lol.. I found I could Reuse them for particularly heavy periods later on too. Win win! Lol x

I've got some disposable ones from Asda from their Little Angel range, and I've tried them on. Lets just say that they are not attractive in the slightest, I'm a size 12 and I got the 14-16 medium size and they are pretty massive. But then they are disposable knickers they aren't exactly Victoria Secrets are they? :)

They feel comfy enough and because they are so big I should think that they wont irritate any stiches. They seem ok, and they were about £1.40 ish for 5. Seems ok to me! :)

I just got a 5 pack of huge black cotton ones, should be more comfy - in fact I'm wearing them already as they are nice and comfy with some outfits.

I'm taking those to hospital and actually also taking incontinence pants for the first day or two of bleeding, then I don't need to worry about pads slipping in knickers etc anyway. Lots of people have said they're ideal for the first day or so, and great for sleeping as they're a lot mroe leak proof.

I had to have a c section and found them great the first 24 hours. I couldn't bend down to change my underwear very easily, so when in the loo, I could take off pants and pad, chuck them out, and put fresh ones on. I'd also be wary of low rise underwear just in case you do end up with a c section for whatever reason. The bigger the better!! x

I found them great for that reason too, so much easier to throw em all away when your struggling after a section, i had some older knickers after bending was a little easier :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->