Uk ladies.....Lansinoh on offer in Tesco!

Is super super cheap on amazon.co.uk too.

I think i bought mine at £6 something in Boots, pretty sure that was full price too!

My Boots always been £9.99....haven't seen it on offer there yet, which is why I practically jumped on the shelf in Tesco for it :haha:

Although I did pick up some Mothercare Lanolin for £9.99 :dohh:

I use coconut oil, it's vegan and some lactation consultants recommend it above lanolin xx

I use coconut oil, it's vegan and some lactation consultants recommend it above lanolin xx

Do you wipe it off before feeding? And what brand do you use? I'd much prefer coconut oil, I personally didn't like the lansinoh, it goes so hard in the tube.

No I don't because coconut oil is less allergenic than lanolin and its the raw organic stuff that I use (though in the UK the more refined cheaper stuff is fine too-it's in the US that they use harmful chemicals to extract it). Coconut oil is far better absorbed than lanolin too so unless it is applied immediately before feeding the likelihood is that pretty much all of it will have soaked in anyway xx

ETA: I use biona :D

Do they not prescribe it now then?

When I had my lb my gp prescribed 2 tubes so I didn't have to pay for it :happydance:

Was hoping they would this time too :dohh:

It depends on your area. In my area they haven't prescribed anything you can buy on the shelf or over the counter for nearly ten years xx

No prescription here either, my midwife told me they only recommend lanolin & I am to stock up!

I think one tube of it will be enough, I only used it in the beginning when my nipples were getting used to feeding, once feeding is established you shouldn't get sore nipples, x

It depends on your area. In my area they haven't prescribed anything you can buy on the shelf or over the counter for nearly ten years xx

I have moved since having my son but my GP seems pretty good here too - prescribed me a huge bottle of Gaviscon the other day!!

A lot of the London NHS areas don't prescribe anything except prescription only most of them it was a fairly recent thing but here it has been in place for ages. It's nothing to do with individual GPs but orders from their superiors. There are even NHS posters up in some GP surgeries here saying please don't ask your GP to prescribe any of the following which is then followed by a massive list of pharmacy products that don't need a prescription as it says due to new policy they are not allowed to prescribe these things. It's annoying because then I end up having to pay for things we would otherwise get free on prescription (as I have a maternity exemption certificate and kids' prescriptions are free anyway). In my sister's area they prescribe calpol and everything xx

Nice offer...similar one (£6.66) on amazon free delivery and even slightly cheaper in Superdrug £6.49. Also found they do the Johnsons breast pads pack of 36 for 99p. I've heard good reviews about this brand. Does anyone agree or is there better out there?

I've already got one tube of Lansinoh through free prescription from my doctors in preparation for little one's arrival. That's pretty pathetic that doctors in some areas can prescribe and others can't. I was advised by a midwife at a baby event at our local Mothercare store to ask doctor for prescription rather than pay for it.

Nice offer...similar one (£6.66) on amazon free delivery and even slightly cheaper in Superdrug £6.49. Also found they do the Johnsons breast pads pack of 36 for 99p. I've heard good reviews about this brand. Does anyone agree or is there better out there?

I used the johnsons breast pads when I had my lb and they were fab, best I found at time so have them again - also got them in Suprrdrug, and will be getting some more x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->