Uk ladies - need advice about requesting c sec x

Milliemoo x

Reaction score
Hi, I'm 38 weeks and this is my second baby, and this pregnancy has been terrible. I've had what feels like the flu for the last 4 months, I broke two ribs and was in agony for 6 weeks cos I can't take any medication cos of baby and now I've got a sinus infection which antibiotics aren't touching. I can barely move my head cos my face hurts so badly. If I get 3/4 hrs sleep a night I'm lucky.

Anyway, today my hubby has taken my son to his grandparents for Sunday dinner and I've stayed in bed cos I have so little energy i just want to sleep. I cry all the time and am genuinely considering begging my midwife for a csection at my next appointment on weds. I don't feel like I can cope at all! I cried all the way thro my last appointment with her.

Does anyone know if I can request a csection at this stage. I Feel so ill, I'm desperate! Xxx:cry:

Well, it can't hurt to ask!

I'm sorry you feel this way. I do kinda know how you feel as I had my appendix removed when I was 35 weeks with my 1st pregnancy and it took me 5 weeks to recover (was bed bound for 3 weeks). I have never had a C Section but can honestly say that I'm glad I had a natural birth as I recovered from it in just a few days. recovery from a Section can take weeks and you may feel worse than you do now.

I'm sure the midwife will be able to explain the pros and cons of both if you discuss your concerns though. Good luck xx

Sorry, I deleted my post because I realised I'd not read your original post correctly! Doh! :haha: x

Are you in the UK? I'm pretty sure they won't give you a c section before 39 weeks unless it's a medical emergency. You can always ask but from what I've read they don't like to as babies born by c section before 39 weeks have a higher risk of complications after birth.

Recovery from a c section is pretty painful though so be prepared to be off your feet for a while. Sorry you're having such a rough time, it's difficult towards the end at the best of times x

Sorry I just read the thread title after I posted - doh! X

I requested a section because induction was awful and I had genuine fears about birth after my first baby, they happily agreed but it wasn't done before my due date.

I wouldn't take a section as an easy option though, I'm nearly 4 weeks post section and I'm still struggling to do day to day tasks. I wouldn't do it again, I'd much prefer to go through labour and a vaginal birth.

Best of luck xx

I think you're just feeling rotten atm. Way better to be feeling so crap with baby still inside than having to recover from illness, a caesarian AND take care of a demanding newborn (and potentially making bubby sick too) and older child!
Hang in there... rest as much as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->