UK ladies - pregnancy freebies?

elleff

Growing my rainbow baby
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere offering some freebies/samples - nappies, stretch mark cream etc etc?!
There must be some nice little treats out there I'm just not sure where to look.

Did you get your bounty pack? If so, get your mum to be pack from boots, in your pack there's also an "Emma's diary". If you sign up with both you'll get a couple of freebies, I got a handy sudocrem for the change bag and small travel size things from Johnson and Johnson, plus a pack of the extra sensitive wipes which are ok for newborns now. I also got quite a few money off vouchers from boots parenting club.

How do you get the Bounty pack? I just heard Asda have started giving out the packs but not sure how you get them.

That all sounds brilliant! How do you get the bounty pack?
I saw something asda were doing too but haven't looked into it yet!

When you have your first midwife appointment she will give you the first pack and there will be a voucher in there For the next. Register with sainsburys little ones club and once you've been processed a voucher will print when you next use your nectar card for a huggies starter kit, it's worth £9.99 and has cotton wool, wipes etc in it.

Looks like sainsburys have changed it to a £5 voucher to be used against their baby range.

If you're an advantage card holder at Boots, you can join their baby club. If you buy a pack of pampers nappies there, you will get a free changing bag. You also get several money off vouchers & 10 points per £ on baby products.

Cow & Gate baby club gives you a cow soft toy & Apta gives you a polar bear soft toy.

I really want to get my Bounty pack, but midwife was out of the 1st pack at my booking in appt, so can't get 2nd one.

If you spend £50 at Sainsburys before Tuesday, you can get a pack of their own brand nappies (worth £4) free.

Be wary about what you sign up to, especially Emma's diary. They made my life a living hell. My son passed away shortly after birth, and no matter how many times I removed my details, they still continued to call me, email me and send me post. My son was 6 weeks early, and a week after his due date, they still called to congratulate me in the birth if my baby and try get me to sign up to other stuff. I kept getting texts/calls from all sorts of companies from ppi to solar panels to energy providers etc etc, all claiming that Emma's diary sold my details on to them. The only way I have managed to get away from them, is by changing my mobile number and have since moved house. For more freebies, look in the shop till you drop thread, there was a thread in there with loads of uk ones listed.

ive joined babies r us, apitmal, cow and gate, bounty, emmas diary, pampers, hipp, tommy tippee, you can do a amazon club but i think it costs after a bit, mothercare, boots, tesco, asda lol im totally addicted to them x

When you have your first midwife appointment she will give you the first pack and there will be a voucher in there For the next. Register with sainsburys little ones club and once you've been processed a voucher will print when you next use your nectar card for a huggies starter kit, it's worth £9.99 and has cotton wool, wipes etc in it.

There has been no mention of this at my 3 midwife appointments so far, they've not been that great with the stuff they're meant to do though, still waiting for my form to get my prescription exemption form that I was meant to get at my 8 week appointment, nearly 18 weeks now and still not sorted!

https://www.latestfreestuff.co.uk/free-baby-stuff/
This is a great site! They also have lots of other great bits that aren't baby related too.

I signed up with Emma's Diary and so far have received... Nothing! Lots of junk email but nothing good. Thankfully I signed up with a second email account instead of my own.

I Googled "free baby stuff UK" and worked my way through from that xx

Bounty packs etc are banned in some NHS trusts and Lexi's story illustrates why :(. So sorry to hear you went through that hun. Emma's diary and bounty are both banned around here, which is good. In the past bounty sold my details to all kinds of shifty companies. Emma's diary was a load of tat and I didn't get anything good from them (or bad), however a year or so ago a lot of mums experienced Emma's Diary selling their details to SMA without their permission and consequently they received emails and other 'marketing communications' from SMA that were unwelcome and that promoted their formula in an illegal and underhand way. Many of these mums were BF mums and didn't want to receive emails suggesting they may not have enough milk and so needed to top up with formula. There are lots of baby freebies out there that don't involve signing up to any club or agreeing to receive unsolicited junk mail. It's also worth joining some survey/product testing sites like valued opinions or bzzagent as from time to time they have product testing of baby products. These products are usually at the very end stages of development and are tested to be safe, or may even be on the market but they just want the public's opinion on them xx

Thanks for all your replies ladies :) Once I hit 12 weeks I will start to take advantage of your suggestions!
Last time I signed up to lots of things (Inc Emmas Diary) very early and when I lost my baby I just found it so hard receiving all the emails etc and random phonecalls and having to explain that I was no longer pregnant and please could they remove me from their mailing lists!! So this time I am waiting. I do still get phonecalls from random numbers though and when I google them I find that most of the comments are from people saying they had phonecalls from the same numbers and they were given their details by Emmas Diary...

I'll be avoiding Emma's diary after hearing far too many negative experiences with it. I've joined Boots parenting club, Mothercare baby and me, and Babies R us. I always tick the box to say I don't want my details passing on, and had no problems so far with the ones I've joined. Got some good discounts with the Mothercare one.

you can join bounty online, just click the dont contact me thing.

I signed up to emma's diary this time and last time and have never had problems, but I did state I did not want them to contact me.

Many women who have had their details sold on did specify that they didn't want to be contacted or have their details sold on to other companies and this was ignored xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->