UK ladies - what happened at your first GP appointment?

Hey, I didn't have one, I called my gp surgery to tel them I'm pregnant and they said I didn't need to see the gp to confirm as pregnancy tests are so accurate and they gave me the telephone number to arrange to see midwife who I seen at 8 weeks xxx

I went in, said I'm pregnant, he said great and promptly showed me the door.

Waste of time

Oh dear!! I'm hoping to be referred for an early scan as I've had some bleeding so hopefully I have someone a bit more helpful!

I went to doctors, doctor was a girl, lovely woman, told her id miscarried and was pregnant again without af showing up, she asked me what hopital i wanted refaarred to, she asked me " do we takes your bloods or do hospital at 10 week app?" i told her hospital at 12 weeks :) she said the midwife would phone me with app, i said na ill get a letter in the mail close to app date :) she said and i quote ! " you know more than me, you had kids before " we laughed, she asked me was i avoiding cheese and taking folic acid, i said cheese?! she said oh blu cheese

Mainly, we went in, i informed her of what comes next and we parted ways lol

she was lovely, really nice girl, just a little clueless :D

First time I was pregnant (mc) I went to the doctors and they just booked me with mw.

Second time I rang the go surgery at 8-9 weeks to get booked in with a mw

There's no need to go to the gp just ring up and ask if you can be referred for early scan. I too have had spotting. I'm going to wait a few weeks bedore ringing up as they may not see anything on scan at this stage and might cause more stress and worry x

They usually just refer you to the midwife attached to your Dr's surgery, unfortunately they usually won't do an early scan even for bleeding i had two lots of bleeding and had previous MC and they still wouldn't do anything, because in reality there is nothing they can do if the worst is happening. You might get lucky and get someone who will refer you but it's unusual in the UK x

They will usually refer you to a midwife and give you all (if any) relevant paper work.

I called straight through to the midwife in my area and she booked me in right away :)

If you've been bleeding they should refer you to EPU x

Yes we have an EPU at our local hospital which is for severe morning sickness, early and other issues in the first tri. I spoke to them when I was bleeding and they said they will definitely scan me, but it needs to be referred by GP after 6 weeks so they can actually see something!

Went to the doctors , I had already told him over the phone that I was pregnant and wanted to talk about certain medications I was on and if they where okay during pregnancy etc , so when we got to my appointment we talked about the medication and actually took me off some if it and lowered the dose of the rest, he took my blood pressure and asked me the date of my last period and then he worked out how many weeks and my due date etc then he emailed my midwife to set up an appointment with her for 8 weeks or shortly after pregnant then he set me off on my way with my pre natal vitamins , that was about it haha

Mine was fab. Prescribed me the medications I need (a lot), wrote my urgent referral whilst I was there and then had a long chat with me about how I'm feeling etc x

gp said congratulations said they dont do a test now cause pregnancy tests are so accurate gave me the number to ring to have booking in with midwife which was done at 8 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->