UK Ladies - When did you tell your GP you were pregnant?

smawfl

Mamma of 2!
Reaction score
Last time I went in straight away, and the doctor (not m usual one) basically said I was silly for coming in so soon!

:nope:

When did you let them know? I've booked an appointment for when I will be around 5 wks

I went in to my doctors when I was about 5 weeks pregnant to fill out the forms, then heard back from midwife who wanted to see me for the first time at 7 weeks

I phoned up my doctors on monday and was booked straight in with mw who ill see on tues when im 8 weeks x

I didn't see the Dr. I booked straight in with the midwife and saw her Weds just gone. Didn't see any point in seeing the Dr x

Eta although my ticker says 7+1 I am actually probably about 8 weeks.

I didn't inform my gp. Just made an appointment with the midwife for when I was 8 weeks :) xx

I phoned the GP a few days after I found out and they passed a message on to the midwife who rang me a week later.

I spoke with the Dr receptionist who put my name in the midwife book for a call back, which i got the following week and booked in the week after at 6+3 (which was Tuesday this week), by-passed the GP bit x

I went to the GP at 4+1 because the day after I got a positive, I woke up with a really bad back. Managed a couple of days on left over co-codamols from when I was breastfeeding, but needed more so made an appointment.

She took it a lot more seriously than I did. Focused in on the fact I've had recurrent miscarriages rather than the thing I was there for: back pain and to get more tablets for anticipated morning sickness. She ended up referring me to the obstetricians and also told me to ring the midwife to make my booking appointment straight away!

Never gave me anymore co-codamol either, which was highly irritating. She felt nervous prescribing it in early pregnancy - which considering I'm a doctor and I happily prescribe it in pregnancy was a bit odd. She did grudgingly give me ondansetron for the looming MS though, so not a complete failure of an appointment...

I didn't, just booked in with the midwife who's already requested my scan and is doing our first appointment including bloods a week on Sunday when I'll be 8 weeks xx

I would have gone at 8 weeks - but I had a SCH at 5w 3days and saw GP then... but yes they usually say to wait at least 6 weeks xx

I called them at 4w+4 asking for the number for the midwife so I could self-refer in a few weeks and to my surprise they just took all my details and told me they'd be in touch when I was 10 weeks for the booking appt. I can't remember what happened in pregnancy #2 but in pregnancy #1 I remember calling them at 6w then having to chase up at 10w because I hadn't heard anything. They had to rush to fit in my 12w scan! I've moved surgeries since so maybe they're just more on the ball here x

I told my surgery as soon as I got my :bfp: but they wouldn't book me in before I was 8 weeks gone.

I phone up my doctors at roughly 6 weeks and they said I had to see a doctor first who would refer me! What should of happened was a form should of been filled in for the midwife but it wasn't so I finally have my booking in tomorrow almost 3 weeks after my first docs appointment! I don't think my surgery have a stipulation on how far along you should be before you go them!

I went to my gp at 4 weeks he referred me to the midwife for 8 weeks asked how I was and put on the computer I'm pregnant etc that was it worked out dates etc

Gp doesn't really do much go whenever you want :)

Emma

I called my gp's office last Friday, at 4 weeks and booked my 8 week booking appointment with the midwife myself. It will actually be on 7+2, but it's so that my mom can attend before she flies back Stateside. :)

I rang doctors at 4 weeks and got to see the midwife for bloods and get my notes at 5+5 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->