Uk mums, changing midwives???

wtbmummy

Reaction score
Ok so first pregnancy I had an awful midwife for the first half but as I moved where I had my appointments I got changed to the most lovely midwife ever.

Really got on, just had a good vibe from her and she was brilliant.

This pregnancy im at same clinic as before but with a different midwife :dohh: she is nice and def cares etc.. but i just really really liked my old midwife. I know she still works at this clinic as saw her name written in midwifes shared folder :blush:

Thing is how can I swap back to my old midwife without upsetting this new one? I don't want her to feel its anything she has done I just really got on with my last midwife with ds.

Has anyone swapped to a previous midwife with second/third pregnancies?
If so how?
Do I just ask my midwife and hope she doesnt get offended?
Or do I just have to put up n shut up? I mean i want to feel happy and comfortable as you all know the conversations can get pretty personal :shrug:

I never had the same midwife with my first 3 pregnancies. I may have seen the same one a few times but I never had the same midwife at every appointment.
This time I've had the same midwife for all appointments. And she told me I'd only ever see her.
I have no idea how I would change if I wanted to.
Maybe ring the head of the midwifery team in your area or from your clinic and ask?

My thought would be to ring the clinic and ask if you could swap to having the same midwife as last time? For continuity of care maybe?

I don't get any choice, my doctors surgery has one midwife and that's who I'll see throughout. Thankfully she is really nice!

If the one you have now seems nice, I'd probably just stick with what I've got but then I personally will tell medical professionals anything, I don't have any worries about it! I think I've been hardened by a long term stomach issue which is always a delight to talk to different doctors about! I've poked and prodded in areas you really don't want to be :) but, if you are a bit more shy about these things, I could see why you would find it easier to have the same midwife! If it really is bothering you, you can only ask right? You do have the choice of care in the NHS technically!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->