• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UK Mums, Need GD snack & meal ideas for induction

Charmed86

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I really need some help! I'm due to be induced on Wednesday next week & could do with some suggestions of food that I can take into hospital with me. I'm super nervous about being induced, Nevermind GD on top of that! The last time I was in for monitoring, I was given a choice of sandwiches to eat. Ugh. I might be able to store some things in the fridge - maybe, but there's no microwave for me to use. The meals are in no way GD friendly, in fact I was sent home literally because there was nothing that I could eat. There is a restaurant, but it's not got strict opening times, so I might be able to get some breakfast but there's no guarantee. Plus, that's only if they let me off the ward!!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I managed to tolerate toast with PB, yogurt with seeds & pistachios for breakfast last time. Hubby had to bring everything in for me.. But tbh, I can't imagine giving birth on such a small amount of food!

Of course, I'm working on the fact that the induction might take a couple of days.. Fingers crossed its a quick one! But I'm not holding my breath. xx

When I had GD, they advised low fat, but these days my GP says that fat in the diet can help stabilise blood sugars (I was pre diabetic after having my daughter).

I would take nuts, dried meats like jerky or pork rinds, straberries, even something like tinned tuna I would think would work out.

Yes, you need fat to keep you feeling full and to give you energy. I'd bring peanut butter, olives, pickles, cheese, sunflower seeds, nuts, hard boiled eggs, avocado, mayonnaise. If they can give you a basic salad you can dress it up with those things. Otherwise, see if they can give you a protein with veggies for dinner. Do you have KIND bars over there? The low sugar ones taste really good and don't spike me. They'd make a quick breakfast. I hope you have a great delivery!

I'd take a bottle of lucozade with you. I actually had my blood sugar drop low while I was in the early stages of labour and was told to have a small amount for a sugar fix.

The only snacks I had was Tracker bars, they never upset my levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->