UK mums - yogurts

mandimoo

Reaction score
Arrrggh! How hard can it be to find a full fat plain yoghurt? What brand do I need to look out for?

Also, all the yoghurt I've seen, says it's made from live culture. I want to freeze it.... Is it ok to freeze 'live' yoghurt? Pretty sure they say 'not suitable for home freezing'

Confused :-(

Pretty sure Aldi and Lidl do a FF yoghurt, albeit Greek but that shouldn't make a difference! With freezing, no idea I'm afraid xxx

Yes, Tesco's 'Greek style' plain yoghurt is full fat, or at least I assume so (1.5g per 100g in their low fat Value stuff, 9.5g/100g in the Greek style one). It does say not suitable for home freezing though.

Some info about freezing yoghurt here - https://www.canyoufreezethis.com/can-you-freeze-yogurt/ I think the general consensus is that if you want to eat it frozen, go for it. If you want to defrost it and eat it, it might have a different texture and taste and might need a good mix as it can separate but if you like it it's fine. If you want to defrost and cook with it, it'll be fine. Bear in mind that some of the beneficial live bacteria may be killed by freezing too. I find the Greek style stuff lasts quite a long time in the fridge anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->