Ultrasound dates dont and CANT add up:(

carry

Reaction score
According to my scan which put me at seven weeks one day.. I found out i was pregnant at two weeks two days (which is impossible) By my own dates i was eight weeks five days.. So it was a difference of eleven days, which doesnt add up at all, however they did tell me that a scan that early can be out by a few days either way, i didnt worry that much i just kinda adjusted it to somewhere in the middle, however the positives i was getting at "two weeks two days" were blaring in your face bfps.. Same as control line or ever so slighty fainter.. I did a clearblue digital the day after i found out and got a 2-3..

By scan date im now 10 5, by my own dating im 12 1.. But hearing nothing on the doppler, pregnancy is such a scary time :(

Any thoughts anyone :(

Hi,

I'm not quite as far along as u but Im also slightly confused too, ive calculated at 6 weeks one day but the midwife seems to have come to 5 weeks? If they go from first day of last period I don't get how im a week and a day ahead of her.

Sorry I haven't got answers for u just thought Id share my thoughts too.

You cannot have found out you were pregnant at 2 weeks two days, as at "2 weeks pregnant" you are actually just ovulating. It takes a few days to implant and a few days after that to get a positive urine test. The earliest you can test positive is about 3 weeks 1 day (8 days past ovulation). By the time you miss a period and find out, you are actually 4 weeks pregnant. It is weird that they count it like that but there you go. Pregnancy is counted from the first day of your last period.

Yes, thats what i was getting at.. How could i have tested positive that early, when technically i wouldn't even have been pregnant yet
yet, which is why im worrying how could my baby have been showing as that small.. It just doesn't make any sense :( and my iwn dates make sense with the blaring positives and the 2-3 week digi..

My next scan isnt to aug 20th.. I hate this limbo crap...

When you get 2-3 with the digital you add two weeks to what it says in there, so 2-3 is 4-5 weeks. I'm sure everything is ok x

I'm really not sure ! So from what I understand you calculated from the first day of your last period but now your scan put you 11 days behind that calculation ? Did your doctor say anything about it?

Before the scan he asked how far along i was and i said 8 and a half weeks (Confidently).. During scan he said baby was measuring 7+1 and pregnancy was in right place with heartbeat etc, he went on to say that scan can be a few days out either way, he then went on to tell me i had a corpus lutuem cyst i was confused but happy that everything seemed fine.. I didnt tell him about the date i got the positives or about the 2-3 .. I didnt want to bombard him with further questions.. Now im worrying sick i wish i had of just spoken up.. My other half just says not to be worried everything was fine. :(

Well as long as baby was healthy I'm sure all is okay ! Maybe you ovulated at a different time then you thought , try not to worry !

Well I'm not exactly sure what your situation is but from what I'm seeing you are basically measuring almost two weeks behind what you think you should be. This is okay!

With my first pregnancy I was 100% sure of my dates and I knew the exact day we had sex and everything. However at 6.5 weeks on a scan they didn't see anything but an empty sac and said I was 4 weeks pregnant. Then later when by my dates I should have been 9.5 weeks, there was a baby but it only measured 8.5 weeks. They told me I must have been mistaken about my dates but I knew I wasn't. However, I just shrugged and went by what the doctors said. So by the time I would have been 13 weeks based on the doctors dating, I went in for a scan and baby had jumped ahead to 14 weeks! So I was right all along. And my daughter is perfect.

This pregnancy, I wasn't sure of my dates but we only had sex once so I knew about where I should've been. By my calculations, I went in for a scan where I should've been 10 weeks or more - and baby only measured 8w2d. That would've put me as getting a BFP at like 2 dpo! Obviously impossible.

Well, after much worrying, I went in for a scan at what would've been 13-14 weeks by that first scan - found out baby was measuring nearly 16 weeks! I am now nearly 22 weeks with a healthy wriggling boy.

So what I'm getting at... I don't know why but sometimes these scans are weird. I don't know if my babies grow slow, or if my uterus is in a position that makes baby hard to measure or what's going on, but it's now happened to me twice. I would say try not to worry about the measurements too much right now. As long as there is a baby in there that seems to be healthy and growing on track with your doctors measurements with a good heartbeat and everything, you're most likely fine. Maybe baby will catch up to your dates, maybe not, but either way right now it looks like you have a healthy baby in there.

I think knees-writes is spot on, I had early scan at what I thought was 9 weeks but they put me back to 7 weeks, at my 12 week scan they put me forward again back by 2 weeks, I'm now 21 weeks and my baby's fine x

I've seen lots of similar posts in the past.. I think sometimes things can start off slowly then catch up. I wouldn't worry if there was a baby and a heartbeat I'm sure all is fine xx

Thankes everyone for taking the time out to reply to me, it really means a lot 💝.. im hoping you are all right and im just being neurotic.. Kids huh, who'd have em lol.. xx

They kept jumping around with my scans too, so Im sure it is nothing to worry about. If the doctor did not sound concerned, I would not be either! 11 days is not that off. I have seen people be several weeks off and still have healthy normal babies. Good luck and try not to worry!

Like some of the other ladies have mentioned, I don't think early scan measurements are always that accurate. They put me a week behind at an early scan I had, but by 12 weeks baby was 2 days ahead of my original dates.

Something similar happened to me, I went for my "12 week scan" and got put back to 8+4 so nearly 4 weeks back.

I'm booked in Wednesday for a rescan so I'll report back and let you know how I get on :)

When I had an early scan with my first I was measuring 9 days earlier than I calculated and by the 12 week scan baby had caught up. Hopefully it will be the same for you :thumbup:

God, ill be buzzing if my own dates add up at next scan.. Fingers crossed 😀 xx

I had the same thing. I thought I was 8 weeks this week. Scan measured at 7 weeks. Im going in again next week Wednesday for another scan. keep us posted.:flower:

Unfortunately we went in for a scan yesterday and baby had no heartbeat.. We are devastated x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->