Ultrasound guided/ Touch technique- embryo transfer

babies7777

Momma and ttc
Reaction score
Hi all.

Can you please let me know whether your clinic does ultrasound guided embryo transfer or the touch technique?
The clinic I recently had IVF at refused to do ultrasound guided because they said it was not necessary. My transfer could be done without it, no medical need.
I am curious what other clinics procedure is.

Many Thanks x

Hey babies, I had ultrasound at the womens. I had to push for it because they said there was evidence that proves it has better success rates but I was adamant I wasn't doing another transfer without it.

I think it makes the couple feel more at ease knowing that they have seen the catheter go into the womb on a screen.

x

Every transfer I had I've had ultrasound. I didn't know they did it without!

Mine was done without. My fertility doctor told us exactly how he would do it without and had measured the size of the uterus at egg collection so it was straight forward. I don't necessarily think it's required - he had a sound technique which he does every time he transfers so he was experienced enough to know he was doing it right.

We're now 9 weeks with our embie!

When we had ultrasound guided transfer the doctor made a comment like "It's a good job really that we have done ultrasound guided because I have had to place the embryo in deeper than I normally would do into the uterus"

Each woman's uterus is different, I personally think all transfers should be done with ultrasound

My clinic always use ultrasound guided. In fact my bladder wasn't full enough to see uterus in ultrasound, so they made me drink more water before they did the transfer.

My last IVF transfer was not via ultrasound and was not done with a full bladder.

I have been to 3 different clinics and transfer has always been done by ultrasound guidance x

Thanks everyone for the info. It is my biggest regret I didn't have ultrasound guided.

Try not to dwell on it too much Babies, I have tried both and neither worked out for me. There has been a trial done on it at the womens and apparently the results were pretty much the same for success with and without.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->