Ultrasound measuring 1 week behind

dc608

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm trying not to panic, but I had an ultrasound on Monday (where according to the calculators, I thought I was 6 weeks, 7 days pregnant). When they did the scan, I measured exactly 6 weeks (4 CRL and heartbeat of 108). I have to go back in 10 days to re-evaluate.
When I met with my doctor, she said it could be because my periods are not 28 days (they range from 32-40 day cycles). And I just have to sit tight.
Anyone else have any experience like this?

Totally fine if you ovulated late. According to my lmp I should be 9 weeks but I'm only 6w5d, I didn't ovulate until cd 31 or so of my cycle.

Oh wow! That's late :) I just can't remember when I had sex- and if the dates are matching up, and it's driving me crazy to have to wait another week! Also, I don't have any symptoms yet! Which is also making me nervous.

I measured almost 2 weeks behind. My doctor didn't seemed concerned... she figures I just ovulated later than normal. My cycles have always been longer than the average 28 days, plus I had just gotten off bc so it makes sense for me.

Don't worry, the symptoms will come, don't rush them. Lol, I know they're nice for peace of mind, but I can't eat a bite of anything without puking it up almost immediately. Just try and enjoy the easy part :)

My cycles prior to getting pregnant had been pretty wonky, some lasting almost two months. When I went for my first ultrasound I thought I was almost 9 weeks along, but I ended up being 7 weeks 5 days, just shy of 8 weeks. So I considered myself a week behind from what I thought. The tech didn't seem concerned, heart beat was 166 bpm. Can't wait to go in next week at 12 weeks 5 days :)

Like the other ladies said, if you don't know exactly when you ovulated, you absolutely could be off by a week without issue. And when you had sex...honestly it almost doesn't matter. I mean, it does :) But women have been known to get pregnant by having sex 4-5 days before ovulation! I know you'll be nervous until your next scan, but please know that it's completely normal.

With natural pregnancies there is a lot of room for date discrepancies so i honestly don't think you have any need to worry.
Im going through the same but with ivf so very worrying time :(

I know when I ovulated and I measured a week behind. Fingers crossed that baby catches up.

Don't worry hunny! I went for an early scan at what I should of been 6+6 but baby measured 5+1 (12 days behind) I was really worried as I new my exact dates when my LMP was and when I ovulated as I tempted and did opk's I had to go back 2 weeks later for another scan and measured 7+4 so I had caught up by 3 days I then went today after another fortnight worrying for my 3rd scan and from what they had previously measured I should of been 9+6 but I'm 11 weeks!!! and bang on my dates I am so relieved! I really wouldn't worry the early scans can never be 100% accurate and my sonographer said they always allow 5 days on either side for measurements (which I didn't know) good luck with your next scan stay positive x

Don't worry, I had the same. At 6ish week and 8 week scan I was measuring a week behind, 8 days on one of them. Then by 12 weeks was measuring bang on for my dates and at 26 weeks she was a week ahead :) I'm 31 weeks now and everything looks fine they definitely don't think she'll be a small one either :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->