Ultrasound - wait until 11-13W?

Ttc1bsg

Reaction score
So my doctor informed me that they will do sn ultrasound only during 11-13 W and not before that?

Is this the case everywhere? If not how can I get an ultrasound earlier to ensure everything is going on as expected?

Any advice appreciated.

So my doctor informed me that they will do sn ultrasound only during 11-13 W and not before that?

Is this the case everywhere? If not how can I get an ultrasound earlier to ensure everything is going on as expected?

Any advice appreciated.

where abouts are you? I think it's pretty standard in the UK for dating scan to be between 11-13 weeks. I had mine yesterday, I thought I was 12+1 but they put me forward a few days so now 12+6 . I had an early scan at epu at 8 weeks but only because of spotting g. I think you can go private and pay for an early scan if you want to put your mind at rest :thumbup:

I think that's pretty normal, it's normally because insurance won't cover more unless there is a reason. I get an early scan because of my previous MC's. You can always get a private scan

I was given a dating scan at 8 weeks with DD, but I live in the States.

Try searching on Google for baby ultrasound places in your area. If I can't get an ultrasound at 8 weeks with this one I'm going to pay $50 out of pocket for an elective one. :)

Ive always had a dating scan between 6-8 weeks.

I was given a dating scan at 8 weeks with DD, but I live in the States.

Try searching on Google for baby ultrasound places in your area. If I can't get an ultrasound at 8 weeks with this one I'm going to pay $50 out of pocket for an elective one. :)

I am in the US too. Doc said if you have no problems then you have to wait until 11-13W. Let me search for private places for a ultrasound. Thanks.

In the Uk its standard I'm afraid. Mine will be in 10 days and by my dates Ill be 10 weeks but by my midwife's 12 weeks x

It looks like all of us in the US gets a dating scan. I had one at 6w5d. To be honest, you dont get much out of a early scan. You can't tell what's what because nothing really has formed. You just see a sac and maybe a squiggle where its starting to grow. Lol

With my first they gave me 2 early scans, one at 5w6d and one at 9wks. That being said they considered me high risk. Now with my second I have a different doctor and so far they are treating this as a normal pregnancy so I wont get a scan until Sept 30th, I will be just over 11wks by then by lmp. I must say I'm not fond of the wait, but I'm excited to see how the scan goes since I will be further along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->