Ultrasund tech says "think"

farmwife25

Reaction score
Hi all. I was looking for some advice and reassurance and I think ill find it here. Ever since I got pregnant I've wanted a boy. I want a baby boy first. So my hubby and I did the weding band on a strand of hair trick and gotboy. The Chinese gender predictor says boy and gut feeling says boy. We went last Monday for our 20 week scan and she says "I think I see boy parts" to clarify she never said it in an unsure way but more of a anticipation statement cuz she asked what most people were guessing baby was. I was over the moon, I said really and she said yes. The rest of the scan she called him a cute boy and never seemed to change her mind. No anyone who knows me knows im not happy unless I have something to worry about so fastforward to friday and DH and I were talking and he said you remember she said "I think" right. My world crumbled. I started crying as I thought back to the appt. I never saw theses said boy parts I never asked her percentage of certenty. How stupid am I? I stressed all weeked and called the imaging office this morn. The receptionist said they dont guarantee gender, wnich I know as people can be wrong. The fact she didnt change her mind should be a good sign, and she never said I think but im not sure, or anything to doubt her finding . I should be happy either way as someone I know just lost their new born and here I am being pety over gender. Any advice. Also I have this odd pic on the disc she gave me of what looks like a penis and 2 testies, but the testies are seperate not in a sack, but again there are no legs or bum visible in the pic so I really dont know what im looking at. I figure she knows best. Its just that dreaded think word. Am I safe to go with her statment?

You could go for a private gender scan to be sure, but I am fairly sure they have to say think, because after all it is a measurement scan first and not a gender scan! I was pointed out the boy parts on a later scan and still couldn't see it!!! Don't worry yourself about it! :) I hope it is a boy though :) xxx

You could go for a private gender scan to be sure, but I am fairly sure they have to say think, because after all it is a measurement scan first and not a gender scan! I was pointed out the boy parts on a later scan and still couldn't see it!!! Don't worry yourself about it! :) I hope it is a boy though :) xxx

Yeah, I dont think DH would approve of spending money on that. Here I am wanting a boy for me and him cuz I know he wants one, but I think im the one who is more worried. However I may have a low uterus or placenta I forget, so I may needcanother scan in a few weeks. I really think im reading to far into this. I kindda think that she would have to say think also as there is no guarantee. This is her job and her profession. I should trust her judgment and enjoy. Plus trust my gut feling, mothers intuition.

Have you got a pic to show us Hun? Did she do a potty shot for you?

Have you got a pic to show us Hun? Did she do a potty shot for you?

Unfortunatly no I dont. But I think im blowing this a bit out of proportion. See I took the cd the pic were on and printed out all the shots. Today I put the cd in the dvd player and looked at the still on our tv and at the bottom of the shot that I thought could be a girls hamburger it says nose/lips in typing, it didnt show up on the prints. Clearly im not a ultrasound tech. Lol. I dont see lips and nose either but if she sees that I trust sye knows her stuff and I trust her gender determination.
I feel sooooo stupid.

I don't think their allowed to say its 100% a certain gender incase their wrong, when I had my 20 week scan with my dd they said she had the 3 lines so she's thinking girl but told me not to go all crazy and buy loads of pink things because they can't be 100% certain on genders.

Legally they arnt allowed so say they are sure, they always say they think or it looks like.....

At my gender scan dr thought he saw boy parts (hidden a bit by cord) went back the next week and was confirmed boy!

I don't think they are allowed to confirm the gender and say 'I think' instead of saying It's a boy or Girl 100 %. Both times the sonogropher said to me 'I think it's a Boy' and indeed they were Boys!!! xx

My little guy was extremely obvious and the sonographer said "I'm still just going to give you 99% because anything can happen, but you have to let me know if that comes out a girl so i can find a new job". I wouldn't worry too much about the choice of words, they have to cover themselves!

I don't think their allowed to say its 100% a certain gender incase their wrong, when I had my 20 week scan with my dd they said she had the 3 lines so she's thinking girl but told me not to go all crazy and buy loads of pink things because they can't be 100% certain on genders.

Yeah I understand. Im just a chronic worry wart.im gonna go with the fact she said I think I see boy parts but never said but im not certain or something along those lines, never changed her mind for the remainder of the scan, and said yes when I asked really, and called him a cute boy and refered to him as a boy for the remainder of the scan that chances are this baby is a boy. I know mistakes can happen but I would think if she was saying I think in an unsure way she would of said such.

My sonogragher said 'pretty sure' that he was a boy and she was right.. It will only bug u.... Go for a 4d scan and ask them to do the gender test :)

My sonogragher said 'pretty sure' that he was a boy and she was right.. It will only bug u.... Go for a 4d scan and ask them to do the gender test :)

I may need to get another ultrasound later as I may have a low uterus or placenta, so ill check then. I trust she knows her stuff, and I still have a strong gut instinct its a boy. I just need to relax and enjoy.

My little guy was extremely obvious and the sonographer said "I'm still just going to give you 99% because anything can happen, but you have to let me know if that comes out a girl so i can find a new job". I wouldn't worry too much about the choice of words, they have to cover themselves!

I understand. After all she said boy and her decision never changed. You would think if she really had doubts she would say so. Lets face it people find out the gender to prepair ahead of time, so I think its safe to say he is a he, dont you think? And it was 19w6d gestation not super early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->