Umbilical Cord Falling Off?

Novbaby08

Mom to Harley & Piper
Reaction score
So Harley is only 5 days old now, but last night her umbilical cord fell off, I was wondering if its normal for it to happen this early

Thats fine, as long as its dry and no signs of infection. :hugs:

Yep. Olivers fell off on day 5 too. Keep it clean and dry and it'll be fine.

Amy's fell off at 6 days I think. I still have it in her memory box, lol.

max's fell off after 4 days and it bleed a tiny bit for 3 days after but he was ok

yep, Alexas fell off at five days old too... the nurse told me she would lose it within the first week after Alexa had her check-up before we left the hospital... I was so happy it fell off, because I hated it- I was alwaysscared I would accidentally pull it off while changing her diaper.

Hannah's fell off after about 10 days Rae.

It's fine to fall off earlier as the others have said, as long as it doesn't look infected

Erin's fell off on day 6 - I've kept in her memory box too. xx

Rihanna's fell off at day 6 n is in her memory box too lol........ not wure what it will look like in a few yr lol xx

Its fine hun as long as no puss or redness x

thats fine honey, like others have said as long as its clean and dry. maddi's was twisted off at 6 days by the mw when we too her for her heal prick, i was quite upset x x x

jack was around day 10 it did bleed for 3 days but was fine in the end. as for the stump that went in the bin kept the clamp though x

It's normal just keep an eye on it.
Lola lost hers at about 7 days.

Maizie's fell off day 3! i phoned midwife! she said if it fell off on its own then dont worry! she came next day and looked at it and she was pleased.... i kept Maizie's in her box of special things xx

archies fell off after 4 days and is perfectly fine xx

Ollie's dropped off after 4 days x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back