• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Umbilical Doppler Ratio?

Leann83

Reaction score
Hi ladies :hi:,

Looking for some advice or if anyone has experienced similar...

I was admitted to hospital a couple of weeks ago due to bleeding from low lying placenta. They done a detailed scan and on the scan notes it has Umbilical Doppler A/B Ratio as being 2.05 and 'below the 5th centile for this gestation' noted after it. The consultant reviewed the scan findings and wants me in for a scan at 28 weeks, which I had assumed was for checking the placenta and subchoronic haematoma that was discovered but on enquiring a bit more at an appointment on Monday, it's more specifically a growth scan due to the doppler results.

Google doesn't give a lot of understandable info when you search for umbilical doppler results so was wondering of any of you ladies had any experience with this issue?

Thanks!! :flower:

My doppler ratio was 1.95, which in my case was due to high blood pressure/medication to control high blood pressure causing resistance through the cord. In my case as it was due to high blood pressure it kept rising so within 2 weeks of first seeing high readings our son had to be delivered as he was struggling to get enough nutrients and the flow through the cord had gone into reverse - so long as you have normal or even absent flow the baby is still getting nourishment even with high resistance. Our son was born small, 2lb 3oz at 29 weeks (average weight of a male 29 weeker is closer to 3lb). Hope that helps, I know it's a different reason for the cord resistance.

at 27+1 weeks mine was 0.88 which was close to the 5th centile but still above it.
had a scan yesterday 28+5 and it was 1.00

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->