unassisted birth (freebirthing)

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
Would u ever dream of doing this?
Its where you give birth with out any medical assistance at home.

I know i would deffinatly not do this!
I was looking at things on the web n came across it so i put it in youtube and theres loads of women doing it, some with just then and their partners, some with lots of friend but non with a midwife or a doctor presant? Why would you risk the life of you and you baby like this?

OK rant over.

I would never even think of doing that! I'd be so worried about something going wrong and having no-one there to help or do anything. I assume these people are experienced? Rather than it being their first baby and all. :shock: I can't imagine it being a good experience giving birth that way at all.

absolutely not. I am a nursing student. I know that there are a lot of things that can go wrong at a birth--even the birth of a healthy baby from a healthy mom.

No way in Hell.

Nooo absolutely not. :| Too risky! Plus the midwives do really help you when you're pushing and stuff. x

I can understand why people would want to do it.But no,its not for me.xx

Definately not myself, but can understand why some experienced mums might

Not for me at all, but my foster sister is doing this. Her midwife was horrid to her and it's put her off hospitals for life.

aww, that's a shame. Not all midwifes are bitches T-T I hope it goes well for er, don't get me wrong--I would never WISH a bad birth on someone. Good luck to her ^^

For some of them they had done it with all their kids. If i could afford to i would get an independant midwife but they cost between 2 and 4 grand.

No way, not for me. My niece was born at home and they failed to notice certain things and she ended up in Alder Hey Childrens Hospital for 2 months. I would worry too much not having the medical facilities around me if anything did go wrong.

I'd quite like my OH to be there to deliver our baby (if he didn't pass out) but I'd also want a midwife there to help! I'd be way too scared not to have someone there... :shock:

xx

I'd love for my OH to deliver our baby--but he WOULD pass out :lol: Poor thing can't even see bloody pictures--it totally skeeves him out.

There is no way I could do that! For one with Kathyrn I needed an epi after just 5 hours of labor (though I was induced so the contractions were very strong) And I ended up needing a c-section. I'd be to afraid of something going wrong, at least if your at the hospital they monitor the hear beat and everything and can act fast if there is an issue. Plus I'm planing to have another c-section next time, because of the scar tissue. And at the hospital they change your sheets, and clean you up and everything, I wouldn't want to have to deal with the mess at home.

I definitely wouldn't, with Joseph i had some minor complications. I was ok afterwards (definitely hasn't put me off lol) but I wouldn't risk giving birth on my own without medical help just in case! I would consider a home birth if I felt it was safe, after last time I'm not sure, but it was what I originally wanted xx

I want all the help I can get! And having someone else to clean up all the mess is a mega bonus! It's great to see how many choices there are though.

I could imagine doing it. At this point, I'm planning on having a masseuse or doula at my future brith, but I dont know how that's going down with the old man. If I did have a midwife, I'd want a midwife who is extremely hands off-one who wont bothered unless she is called upon.

Most freebirthers are very knowlegable about the birth processes. In fact, there is a book PDF online that tells you to do X when Y happens.

If something does go wrong there is the option of transfer.

Just the thought of it frightens me to death, what if something went wrong??

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->