uncomfortable about her sleeping with her uncle...am I being ott?

If you feel uncomfortable then dont do it.. you don't need a real reason. I'd feel fine with DS sleeping with OH's brother but I'd feel weird about him in the same room as my sister's fiance.

If you need to be alone with the newborn, I suggest your DH sleep in the other room with her and the BIL instead. This is how we do it on holidays, it would be nice for her to have a familiar face instead anyways.
This.

Thanks ladies, I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling uncomfortable. My dh gave me a look like I had gone totally nuts. I think the idea occured to him because last time we were down my 3 year old niece (dh's sister's kid) spent the night and slept in the same room as bil. I remember even then saying I would not be happy about it if it were my daughter.

As she sleeps through I hadnt even thought about her waking up and being scared, but since she will be in a strange bed and strange place its very possible she may wake up during the night and it wouldnt be fair on Sophia or bil in that case. I'll see how it goes, who knows maybe this time I'll be blessed with a great sleeper! But if the baby keeps waking her up and it gets too much then dh and Sophia can go either to the next room or to the living room.

Thanks again all! :thumbup:

What about putting her in with your in-laws? I would be more comfortable with that as there are 2 people there and she might have a better bond with them? x

I don't know why, but I wouldn't be comfortable with that either.

The thing is, the grandparents room is all the way upstairs so I wouldnt hear her if she woke up. Plus my mil would be scary to wake up to...! They have a portacot for her down there which I'm hoping she'll fit into, if she doesnt we'll go out and buy one of those peppa pig inflatable ones, it will be her 2nd birthday the day after we arrive and she would love it!

I think we'll try to make the everyone fit into the same room so we dont impose on anyone, but if it becomes really bad my dh said he'll move with her.

You may be surprised how little Sophia gets disturbed by the newbie, willow is a light sleeper but is now only disturbed by piper once she's almost ready o get up for the day (from 6am) the first week she woke at every sound but seems to have tuned it out.

I personally would be ok about willow sleeping in with BIL. But that's because they spend a lot of time together and I would still be in the same house if theres problems in the night.

However if your uncomfortable I would get dh to sleep in with them, or wait to see how it goes with newbie before worrying about it too much!
Xx

Our Freya is in our bed and Mia never wakes her up.

I also wouldnt be comfortable either

I wouldn't be comfortable with this either. One of my BIL's my dd absolutely adores, and he's the same with her, I 100% trust him, but no I still wouldn't have her sleep in his room with him x

I wouldnt be it a bil or sil or even my sister. Hes not their responsibility and kids are tough. Even if Family says its okay, like if my bil asked me with his son i wouldnt say no, but I don't really want to sleep with a kid if I dont have to. You dont get to deep sleep because you feel you have to keep an eye on them, so you are in twilight sleep. Or what if they arent responsible and dont care if my son wakes up and wants something or my son is scared in a strange room? I wouldnt want to deal with the hassle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->