Uncomfortable near the end - I need to rant

mayacat

Reaction score
I really need to vent/rant/whine a little. Today's been a rough day comfort-wise and I feel getting it out here will prevent (another) session of curling up and crying into my confused husband's shoulder today.

I'm 36 weeks today. I have no idea where the time's gone but I'm sooooo ready to finish it up (just not early - not ready for early! Just want 40 weeks to get here!)

I was down and out with the Cold Of Death during weeks 34-35. Called in sick to work for a couple of days and everything. The cold's gone, but I've now got a horrible cough that sometimes feels/sounds like I'm going to hack up my lunch and lungs at the same time. This has made muscles in my sides/back behind my poor lungs very sore. Between that and a baby belly, changing positions at night has been sometimes incredibly painful.

Baby doesn't notice/care. Kicks away on its regular schedule. I keep reminding myself of that.

Today's been particularly rough. Work took forever today and I ended up taking an extra strength Tylenol to get through the day. That's worn off and my sides/back are sore again when I try to move. Coughing while standing up is a horrible idea and the whole ordeal of still working is exhausting. My job isn't even strenuous, it's just an office job, but sometimes the printer seems too far away and it's only about 20 feet from my desk.

I also don't feel like I look the part either. I look like I'm maybe 6 months pregnant but definitely over 8 (and measuring in the 75th percentile the last I was told). The belly gets in the way just enough to be annoying sometimes but not enough to look like it's causing as much discomfort as it does sometimes.

Baby's getting big quickly now too. A couple of times I felt so much pressure I thought I was having a Braxton Hicks but then I realized that only one side of my stomach was hard. Baby loves my right side, so was all nestled up there as usual, leaving my left side pretty well empty except for the odd light movement from an arm or a foot.

All of it makes standing up a chore, walking even worse and forget standing up from a lying down position. At least the 13th is my last day of work, so it's coming! I also feel so guilty that I don't want to walk anywhere. Thankfully our dog is low-energy and doesn't seem to mind too much. I really want to get out more and on nice days, I want to go for a two hour hike but I know my limit right now is barely 20 minutes at a slow waddle. It's also still bloody cold here and we're getting another 3-4 inches of snow tonight.

I'm so done with winter. And colds. And being sore. And random acne, increased emotions the last couple days, and coughing and random awkward pressure from baby pushing my stomach out where it doesn't have to go (for the record, baby's in a great position right now at least). I was so tired after work today, I was just staring into space as my hubby drove us home, and when we got home and I found out our landline service is down, I broke down a little. Hubby was lying on the couch and I had to go to him and hug and :cry: a little. To his credit, he didn't say anything, he just put his arm around me and hugged a little, which is pretty much what I needed. I know he was super confused and he gets worried about me on occasion, but it helped.:hugs: Hoping to avoid that situation again tonight...could go for more hugs though.

*end rant* Hopefully you can all relate to at least some of that! I really needed to whine/complain somewhere where people actually get it. I'm the first one of our friends to get pregnant and I don't want to only text my mom all the time or unload too much on hubby.

Oh you poor thing, you sound physically and emotionally exhausted.
I think you should take a couple (at least) of days off work and just rest up and recover. Pamper yourself. Tuck yourself up on the couch and watch bad tv.
You're going to need your strength once bubby is here, may as well take care of yourself now while you can.
People at work will survive (and understand).
Hubby can take care of the house and cooking and you for a couple of days.

You are most certainly not alone my love. I am feeling everything you said! I literally just googled how to clear thick snot out of my nose. Tmi. I know. I know. But I totally feel you. My house is a disaster on top of it and it makes me even MORE emotional because I hate not being able to look after things.

Thanks ladies! I'm a bit better this morning, though still really sore on my right side when I stand up. I've got another 3-day weekend coming up on Friday, which I'm looking forward to. Plus, next week is my last week at work and I'm only working 4 days (Wednesday off :) ), so hopefully that will help.

Hubby's been pretty good about me not feeling well and he's been taking care of a lot of stuff as it is. I lucked out big-time with him <3. I'm slowly starting to feel better but I'm also very much looking forward to being completely healthy and popping this baby out so I can snuggle it.

I'm hating life right now. Went to my appointment. Cervix is closed up!!!!!!! They said walk and have sex welllll who wants to have sex right now. I cant walk BC my feet swell so bad!! Dr did say I could start evening primrose oil so I started that last night. If I go to my due date I might need to be admitted to the looney bin! I cried this morning because the boyfriend asked me what time it was! Really??? If one more person says why do you want the baby to come you wont be able to sleep!!! They have never been pregnant before. I get about 3 hrs of sleep a night! I'm over it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->