Uncomfortable sleeping

caz_hills

Reaction score
Please advise! I am finding sleep so uncomfortable. I always sleep on my side - pre pregnancy and now. But I wake due to the discomfort. My hip bones and bottom feel like they are bruising with the weight of baby. I remember this from my last pregnancy but much later on.

Any advise?

Thanks x

hi try sleeping with a pillow between your knees it should help alleviate some pressure ...

I use one of those giant u-shaped pregnancy pillows. I sleep with it between my knees and under my stomach. I used it during my last pregnancy from around 20 weeks (when my DH bought it for me) and have been using it since very early on this time! I love it and can't sleep without it.

I'm also a fan of the preggy pillow! Got one from Mothercare (their own brand one) last time and using again now. I can use it as a u shape to lie on my back a little upright or on my side with it between my knees.

I have SPD and some lower back pain and it's really helped x

Ohhh thanks ladies - I will need to get one of those.

Every night I'm waking up turning over as my hips hurt so much :( I do think it's a little SDP coming on too as I'm getting sorer and sorer too - the joys of pregnancy!

It's just all happening far earlier with my second child - it was only like this at the end with my son!

I have to put a pillow under my bump to sleep or or hurts to just have it hanging to the side. I have a massive long one too for when I'm bigger, it was great for my SPD with DD x

I put a pillow under my lower bump and between my legs, I still sleep somewhat on my belly (like one side of it) and I still find that comfortable.

Try making your surrounding sleeping condition comfy too, like weather, blanket or not, at least if you're a bit uncomfy this will make it easier to fall back asleep.

I've got this too - can't believe it's happening this early! I've bought a special pregnancy pillow but it's not working for me :cry:

Thanks ladies - got a pillow for my knees to try tonight. Oh the glamour! x

Haha nothing about pregnancy is very glamourous, is it? :haha:

Good luck!

Nothing! You're right ������

For getting comfort while sleeping you can use pregnancy pillow. It will provide support for legs, hips, back and head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->