Uncommon Italian boy names

Renluvlee

Reaction score
We are expecting a baby boy in March and are stuck on a name for him. My husband is Italian and we are looking for something uncommon but not too weird. We both really love the name Romeo but I am afraid no one will like it. Some of our family likes it as it kinda grows on you over time. I have read other threads on this name where people either love it or hate it. Please help but be kind because as I said we both really love Romeo but I would also like some valid reasoning as to why its not a good name. Thanks!

Oh and I am also open for suggestions but we would like to stick to something Italian/exotic sounding :)

I LOVE Italian names! Romeo is cute -- sounds nice -- but i would worry about kid's teasing about Romeo & Juliet to be honest...

Some Italian names i LOVE:

Carlo
Rocco
Nico
Giovanni
Gianni
Dominic
Angelo

Some more suggestions:

Mario
Salvatore
Silvio
Sergio
Luigi
Anthony
Antonio
Lorenzo
Luca

I LOVE Italian names! Romeo is cute -- sounds nice -- but i would worry about kid's teasing about Romeo & Juliet to be honest...

I agree... there's nothing wrong with the name, but kids would probably tease about Romeo and Juliet!

I love Italian names as I have Italian family.

Valentino is one of my faves and my dads name is Franco.

My husband's name is Renato Salvatore and so is his fathers but we want to give this baby something different. We were still going to use Salvatore as a middle name like Romeo Salvatore but now I'm wondering if we should just use Romeo as the middle name....IDK! Thanks for the suggestions keep them coming.

I also like

Luca and Lorenzo (thank you Ruby Rainbows)
Roman
Milo (not Italian)

Its so hard though because we keep coming back to Romeo...lol

My husband's name is Renato Salvatore and so is his fathers but we want to give this baby something different. We were still going to use Salvatore as a middle name like Romeo Salvatore but now I'm wondering if we should just use Romeo as the middle name....IDK! Thanks for the suggestions keep them coming.

I also like

Luca and Lorenzo (thank you Ruby Rainbows)
Roman
Milo (not Italian)

Its so hard though because we keep coming back to Romeo...lol

We are Italian too (our last name is Bongiorno) and I'm only considering Italian names. Some names I like are:

Rocco (my fav)
Giovanni
Lorenzo
Lazzaro
Vincenzo (nickname Enzo)

But I do like Romeo too.

I love Vincenzo, nn. Enzo! I watched a reality show over the summer with a cute Italian guy named Enzo!

Valentino is cute too! Especially if your baby is born a bit early... near Valentine's Day!

I think using Romeo as a middle name is a great idea!

Also, thought of Gino, Dante' & Francesco

I think, if it is a name you keep coming back to then I would go for it. :)

my friends little boy who is italian is called Tommaso

I love Vincenzo, nn. Enzo! I watched a reality show over the summer with a cute Italian guy named Enzo!

Valentino is cute too! Especially if your baby is born a bit early... near Valentine's Day!

OOO did you watch Big Brother!! That's where I heard it and I loved him on that show :) LOL.

Enzo reminds me of the sports car :dohh: I love Romeo but as someone else has said kids can be cruel :-/

I LOVE Dante, Lorenzo and Luca :thumbup: Just gorgeous :cloud9:

I love Lorenzo and Luca,why?

Lorenzo Lamas (the guy who played on falcon crest,google his name and you'll see what I mean,"hunk",lol)

Luca (the guy who played on ER,"hunk")

I think Romeo is a cute name. I also like Dominic, Dante and Francesco (nn Frank)

OOO did you watch Big Brother!! That's where I heard it and I loved him on that show :) LOL.

YES!!!! I love Big Brother! And loved Enzo!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->