Under active thyroid?

xXhayleyXx

Happy mummy of 6 :)
Reaction score
Any one else suffer with this? After constantly going back and fouth to my doctors with unexplained joint pains and carpel tunnel syndrome (have to wear wrist braces on both arms :blush:) they finally decided to do a blood test to check my thyroid gland was functioning as it should. The results show that i have an extremely underactive thyroid and will have to be put on tablets to control it :hissy:. Any one else take tablets for it? Not too keen on having to always take them and wondered if anyone had had side effects with them?
Only good thing is u qualify for free prescriptions if ur put on them lol

Not me but my mom has an overactive thyroid, has had to take tablets most of her adult life to keep it regulated :hugs:

I have an underactive thyroid...it's borderline and thankfully hasn't changed in the 7 years since I was diagnosed. I found out after I miscarried my first pregnancy. Amazing how much the thyroid controls. Blood pressure, energy levels, sex drive, moods and even viable pregnancies.

I take tablets daily and there are absolutely no side effects.

:hugs:

I have an underactive thyroid...it's borderline and thankfully hasn't changed in the 7 years since I was diagnosed. I found out after I miscarried my first pregnancy. Amazing how much the thyroid controls. Blood pressure, energy levels, sex drive, moods and even viable pregnancies.

I take tablets daily and there are absolutely no side effects.

:hugs:

Glad to hear there are no side effects. Had one lot of blood done the other week and my results came back 11.3 i think. Should sit between 2 and 5? Just waiting for my second lot to come back to make sure the first ones were right. Hoping once i start on the tablets that i feel alot better than i have been feeling for sooooo long now. Seems to of been one thing after another. Very Reassuring that there are no side effects on the tablets tho xx

i've had it for 6 years with no effects. incidentally carpal tunnel was a symptom of my thyroid problem

I am on Levothyroxine for mine I have to take daily. Fortunately I haven't suffered any side affects. Hope they help you feel better :) xXx

i've had it for 6 years with no effects. incidentally carpal tunnel was a symptom of my thyroid problem

Thats why they decided to do the extra blood test to check my thyroid. Gets soooo bad at night and wearing the wrist braces suck big time :hissy:

ive had an underactive thyroid for about 5yrs now. Im on levothyroxine for it and have had absolutely no side effects whatsoever.

the free prescriptions are ace!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->