underactive throid and loosing weight ?!

honey08

mum2two boys/2mc
Reaction score
has anyone got this underactive throid ? my OH has , for bout 2yr his medications been up n down,they cant seem to get it stable :?

also hes put weight on and finds it impossible to loose it ! hes read a few things online that says " loosing weight with this is as hard as climbing a moutain with a suitcase on ur back " :cry:

its getting him down not,more than he admits ,,,,, can anyone help?any tips for loosing weight ?

thanks xx

I have underactive thyroid and my weight is def an issue.

It took a couple of years to get my meds right and then the weight shifted. For me I couldnt shift it until the meds were sorted. I found that the only way of stabalising my meds was to alternate doses as 125mcg isnt enough and 150mcg is too much :dohh: so I have 125 one day and 150 the next, been stable for over a year like that including in pregnancy.

sorry,I dont have any tips other than the meds but hope it stabalises quickly....I think a lot of people dont realise actually how poorly an underactive thyroid can make you feel

Ive got an underactive thyroid and managed to lose weight with a healthy diet and plenty of exercise (luckily for me though ive not put any weight on with it other than pregnancy weight) but everyone is different and like amy said once he gets his meds right then it may get easier for him to lose the weight.

And it makes you feel so shitty, i know it affects my moods and the tiredness!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->