Underactive thyroid?

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
I posted last week about my fainting and dizzyness thats been happening. One of the things Im being tested for is underactive thyroid. Ive been a bit naughty and googled it, and a lot of the symptoms have been things Ive been going to the doctors about for years (depression and anxiety, excema, joint problems, low sex drive, putting on and loosing weight quickly, fatigue)

Just wondering if anyone on here has underactive thyroid and what their experiences of it are? and also what happens if you have it? is it medicated or just a case of getting on?

Ta :)

xxx

Sorry hun not sure, hope your ok tho x

I have an overactive thyroid and when I was diagnosed I was pretty messed up, I thought I had a brain tumour as the pains in my head were so bad, and so did the dr's. I had to have a brain scan and loads of heart tests to see if my heart had been in any way damaged. I was dizzy, very agitated all the time (nothings changed there then :lol: ) lost weight then put weight on because I was soooo hungry all the time, I got hot flushes and sweated buckets, had joint and muscle pain and kept pulling muscles, and my bowels went from pretty normal to explodable :blush: and I seemed to have alot of wind!! and lots of heart palpitations

any questions, just shout!

overactive and underactive seem to have opposite symptoms, like I would be hot and an underactive person would be cold.

I was put on medication and betablockers as my heart was racing too fast.

I've had my underactive thyroid diagnosed about 10 years ago - just a fluke by a great Dr who was testing for something else and just happened to run a TSH test. Anyway, I did not have any symptons ( or so I thought) and just thought everybody took a nap during the day for a few hours!!! teeehee.

The good news is, you just need to take a thyroxine tablet every day and as soon as they get your levels right, you start to feel better pretty quickly. I would love to say that the pounds melted away, they didn't but it did make it easier to loose them with being good!

I take quite a lot of thyroxine, 225mg - they usually start you out on 50 I think and retest every 6 weeks until bloods come back normal. I have had problems recently ( during my iVF treatment) trying to balance out my thyroid.

Hope you start to feel better soon!

I've got an overactive one, have been on medication for it twice now, first was after i had kacy and this time after having kira, me having kids seems to affect it. I just sweat buckets and my head hurt like hell when i woke up.

Hope ur ok hun.

I was test for underactive thyroid when I miscarried my first pregnancy. I am borderline inactive so I am so glad my doctor caught it in time and my levels have not changed since diagnosed with it in 2000.

Definitely, your symptoms do in fact point to underactive thyroid hon.

i have an underactive thyroid and its just a case of getting the right dose of medication. it does make weight loss abit harder, well it has for me anyway.

everyone used to think i was just lazy!! i got a lump in my neck one day and that was how i found out about it.

on the plus side, you get free prescriptions while your on the medication!!!

I still haven't got to the doctors about it but Im going to try and get there this week. All of these thigns are driving me mad. My mood is the worst Im just up and down constantly. And my headaches and dizzyness aren't getting anybetter.

Hopefully they'll tell me what it is, thanks for your info :)

xxx

I have underactive thyroid, once my meds were right I have had no problems. When it stable its nothing to worry aboiut

I have an underactive thyroid, they will do a blood test to find out properly. I am on Levothyroxine tablets for mine. Mine was found out when I complained to the doc I felt very lethargic and not myself. They tested me for a few things and underactive thyroid was found. This was around the time of my miscarriage too so I wasn't sure if I was just generally "down". Anyway I hope you get to the bottom of it soon hun xXx

get your self to the drs hun.

This time, i have been referred for my thyroid to get it sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->