understanding ovulation blood test results

kirtsonfire

Reaction score
hi all. I'm new to this, so forgive me if I don't use (or understand) all the lingo.
I'm 24 and my partner is 31. we have an almost 3 year old daughter (who took about 7/8 months to conceive) and we're trying for number 2.
we've been trying for about 10 months now with no luck. I have a very regular 26 day cycle, which means ovulation should occur around day 12. a few months back i decided to try an OPK, the first one i started testing day 9 and only had the comparison line, around day 14 i got a very faint test line. the second time i had the comparison line and a very faint test line on day 11/12/13 and a very dark line one day 14.
I've been taking vitex for about 3 months now as I heard that can help (it's cheap enough, so why not?) but still no luck, it has relieved some of my period symptoms so i do like it for that reason.
i saw my dr who orderd blood test for me, but was quiet confident that nothing was wrong it just hadn't clicked yet. she went on to tell me to relax because being stressed wont help (oh I'm relaxed....just frustrated). so this month I thought stuff it. I won't track I won't test i won't do kits, I've got holidays from work, I'll just give it no attention and go with it....well that didn't work either.
the dr told me on a 26 day cycle i should do the blood test on day 19, day 19 was a sunday, so I rang to double check when to go and i got conflicting answers. "go on day 21, go 7 days post ovulation". i ended up testing day 21, which was 7 days post ovulation (assuming i ovulated around day 15, given that i don't get a positive OPK until day 14. my period also came a day earlier, so i had a 25 day cycle)
i got my test results today and she said it appeared i hadn't ovulated, they like to see a level on 21 and i got a 17. she went on to say that testing a day early or late can give the wrong reading, and as mine was still high she believed this is what's happened and again it's just a matter of it clicking. I told her I have very little if any egg white cervical mucus, which she didn't think was too big of a deal.
i mentioned it to my gyno at my last colposcopy and he wanted to make me a regular gyno appointment after i told him i ovulated later than day 12. so my results are being sent to him and i'll see him in a month.

sorry to write a novel, it's all a bit confusing to me. can anyone help me understand the blood test results? any answers or advice would be hugely appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->