Underwater baby :)

1st_baby

So yesterday DH was giving max a bath and decided it was time max learned what underwater felt like lol

So blew in his face ( causes them to hold there breath) and put his head underwater lol my lil bugger opened his eyes and didnt even cry once he came out..me being a worry fart was ready with the succion pump lol

Now question that arrose is can we teach him to swim now or is he too young ?
DH said they thougth him at 5 months by throwing him in the water ??? and he came back up alone ..well he dam well knows that aint gonna happen with max lol

so how can I teach him , I always hold him on his tummy and he kicks and moves his arms sooo...?

I know there is a swim class for 6 month plus at my local YMCA, and I can't wait to take Bren. Maybe look for something like that.

I'm taking my LO swimming this week if i get time, i don't think you can start too early.

I know in the UK they have a course of swimming classes for babies from 6 weeks old, though I'm not sure how much swimming they do initially. Over here it's Aqua Tots & Dinky Divers perhaps see if they have anything similar near you.

I'm planning on taking Lewis in the next couple of weeks, he likes having a bath so I'm hoping he'll like swimming......

I think its best to get someone else to teach him to swim. Us mom's panic too much. The professional know a lot more about it that we do. I was also just thrown in the pool before I was a year old and was taught to get myself to the side of the pool. We lived on a farm with dams etc so it was important for us to be "drown" proofed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->