• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Underweight and LPD

Eliza12

Reaction score
I have been TTC for several months, and finally started charting, only to find out that I OV late (CD 20), and have a very short luteal phase (7 days!). I am underweight and a runner, so I am going to try to put on some weight, and decrease exercise. Is anyone else in the same boat? It's frustrating, because I enjoy running, and like being fit.

You could be overdoing the exercise. How many times a week are you exercising? Maybe it is having an effect on ovulation and LP.

I'd speak to your doctor abt LPD. If it's any comfort mine was only 9-10 and I got pregnant reasonably quickly. I think being fit was a big contributor to that but I didn't overdo it (3 mile run 1 x per week and 1 x 6 mile per week plus 1 session step aerobics per week).

Cxxx

Thank you for replying, spacegirl! You're probably right - I run anywhere between two and five miles several times a week, and could probably cut back. I'm also borderline healthy/underweight, so I am working on gaining a few pounds. I just hope my luteal phase gets longer this month.

No problem! As you cut back on the exercise you should put on a little weight anyway.

Why don't you have a chat with your GP about your LP?

Cxx

Yeah, I should probably go back and talk about it. I just want to avoid medication if I can fix the problem with gaining weight.

Hi
I did an iron man in 2007 and wasn't trying to concieve....obviously!! Training was full on and I raced every couple of weeks in training, I wasn't particularly small or underweight either. It took me til December 2008 to concieve, we dicided we would try but didn't really monitor signs so could be thats why it took so long, Ive dropped to general exercise now I'm trying for number two which is challenging to say the least after 2 miscarriages i don't run now worried to death it wont implant!! Id say do your running, but don't do any hard sessions I think if you kick your own arse training something has to give and your body will say she won't be able to sustain a baby....On the other hand people are challenged physically in other countries and manage it. I think its the age thing full stop with me!! Exercise helps you relax so that has to be a good thing!

40yearoldmum - congratulations on completing an Iron Man! I'm not nearly as ambitious - just like the feeling of clearing my head with regular running. It's hard to give up, but I think you're right - a moderate amount of exercise will be healthy. I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriages. On the bright side, at least you know you can get pregnant, which would be very comforting to me right now (I'm ttc #1).

Im not over 35, but I am underweight and I was a long distance runner. I took it up after my first dd, whilst I was running, I was easily running 6 miles+ at least 4 or 5 times a week, my af was none existant and my bmi was around 17.

I cut back the running and af came back:thumbup:

Im preg with #4 now, still started with a bmi of 17, and my luteal phase was 9 days, vit b6 made a big difference! I had day 21 bloods the cycle I actually got pregnant and my progesterone was low.

Maybe it is worth asking your doc to test your levels.:hugs:

Thank you, mummy3! It's good to hear from others with similar situations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->