Underweight and Pregnant (join up?)

HoneyBev

Growing a baby bumblebee!
Reaction score
So, I've seen plus size and pregnant groups on here, and I just thought we should also have one for being underweight. My doctor has advised that I put on approx. 40lbs for my pregnancy.. Being that I've always been underweight, I have a hard time seeing how this is realistic at all!!

My twin sister was underweight with her DD and has always been. She gained 35 lbs. we were surprised but she did it with no problem. You can do it. Your body knows what to do :) I am small too but not really underweight just about where I should be. I gained 36 lbs with my DD. Good luck!!! I'm glad you made this group.

Thank you for your kind words :) I am nervous about not being able to gain the weight, but my doctor just laughed and said this will be a new experience for me, considering the baby will MAKE me gain weight..whether I think it will or not :) either way, I'm very excited. And congrats on your pregnancy!! Wishing you a happy and very healthy 9 months!

I have no doubt you will gain weight. :) you will be surprised. Congrats to you too!!! What is your due date?
Thank you!

Yay love September :) no I'm not at all. Time has been flying. Have you had ur first ultrasound yet?

I have! I'm high risk, so they've been doing ultrasounds since 6w3d, every two weeks. Won't lie though, I am nervous about having that many, but they assure me it's all to keep baby healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->