unexpected af

sunshineyday

Reaction score
Hello All....
I'm a little confused and concerned and looking for advice.....or someone that this has happened to before. My hubby and I have been trying for a baby since August......my cycle is like clockwork and I average 24 to 25 days.....my app keeps good track :)
In February I was 4 days late....I'll be 35 in May and I have never been late. Then of course AF shows up....so it started Feb. 21st.....then on March 2nd when I had a BM I bled. I know you can bleed during ovulation but it was still a few days early. So I went to the Dr. and he said it's pretty common and probably just a fluke and yada yada. I did the blood test and it was negative. Then a couple of days later we had intercourse and blood everywhere.....nothing like that has happened either. It stopped and all was well. Then my period showed up 8 days early.....March 11.....never been early either....so my last 2 cycles were 29 then 18 days and they are usually 24 or 25. I thought maybe this was implantation bleeding but it is extremely heavy. I always have heavy periods too ......
So just wanted to see if anyone knows what could be up..... I know stress can cause early and late periods but I haven't been under any new stress....

I would maybe check with your doctor to check for anything out of the ordinary. I don't know much, but CD18 sounds like a pretty short cycle.

Has anything else changed in your life?

I would definitely check with your dr though just to rule anything out that can be causing it (other than maybe a fluke or one time thing). I'd imagine that it'd be frustrating for you. Hope you're able to figure it out soon and hopefully it'll get back on track for you quickly.

Thanks for the reply....
I feel like I need to see the Dr. and I'm planning on finding a different Dr. to see.....I just didn't feel comfortable with his answers. He said this month was probably a fluke and if it happens 3 months in a row than there might be a problem. No changes in my lifestyle at all....I guess I'm worried that if I go to a different Dr. they will tell me the same thing ugggg :(

Your cycle 4 days late could have been a chemical pregnancy (just guessing), and the cycle after a miscarriage is often "different", mine was very short with really heavy bleeding afterwords, similar to your last one.

See what the next cycle brings, if still so short than definitely try to talk to another doctor. :flower:

Your cycle 4 days late could have been a chemical pregnancy (just guessing), and the cycle after a miscarriage is often "different", mine was very short with really heavy bleeding afterwords, similar to your last one.

See what the next cycle brings, if still so short than definitely try to talk to another doctor. :flower:

I was thinking it maybe could have been a chemical pregnancy....especially because I'm never late.....so you think anything would have shown up in the blood test?

I was thinking it maybe could have been a chemical pregnancy....especially because I'm never late.....so you think anything would have shown up in the blood test?

Almost 2 weeks later, probably not. There is no way to know, really, but it is a possible explanation for the weird cycle. I really hope that was the case and that next month is better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->