Unexpected BFP..

Tina_TTC2

Reaction score
Ok - so - after MONTHS of trying, and months of testing like a maniac and obsessing over possible symptoms, we were putting this month down to missed opportunity. Why?

Well, my husband was out of town from the 11th through the 19th this month, and while my cycles are irregular, CD 14 would have been on the 13th or so, and since my cycles tended to run long, I wasn't really expecting until a few days after that.

So we tried up until the day he left, and pretty much figured we were SOL. Oh, add to that the fact that I had 3 - count em - 3 - psychic readings all telling me it would be much later. 2 were from people on line here (and I won't mention names) - one was from a local psychic, who, when I met with her, I would have probably been conceiving then or within days of when I met her and SHE didn't pick up on it either. So yeah, all things led to us thinking this month was a wash.

about a week ago, my asthma symptoms started to flare up, and got progressively worse, so much so that by Thursday I was having a heck of a time and broke down and went to urgent care. they gave me a breathing treatment, and a cortisone shot. they ASKED if I could be pregnant - and I explained to the Dr we had been trying but that I thought I missed the window.

Anyhow - Friday morning I got up, on CD 31 i believe it was, and had been worrying a bit about the cortisone shot - JUST in case i might be Pregnant.

Decided to waste my last internet cheapy just for peace of mind. peed in a cup, dipped the stick, and glanced down - the darn thing had TWO lines !!!! major freak out - got up, grabbed my first response early response test, and tried to pee a little more (not easy after you are done!) - and dipped it. POSITIVE. ok - now I'm in shock - go tell my DH - and am still in shock. Worrying about the cortisone shot, etc.

oy!!! Happy but scared at the same time!

Tina

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d911b3127ccefae9152db38f00000030O00AcuHDNmzYsWQPbz4E/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Hehe what a roller coaster hun !! Congratz they say that it happens when you least expect it . Have a healthy and happy 9 months darling:happydance:

Huge congrats!!! I know its easier said than done but try not to worry hun and go see your GP. :hugs:

impressive lines :thumbup:

congratulations xxx

Thank you! part of what was kind of freaky too, was that the TEST line on the FRER showed up way fast and DARKER than the control line (see above) - like I wasn't just pregnant, but VERY pregnant. LOL. but I still have to wait till the end of august for my dr to see me (8 wks) so now it's 4 weeks of living on the edge hoping all is ok.

OY!

LOL

Thanks again

Tina

could be twins then! :haha:

Uhh.. twins.. I'd be happy if it just meant things were going to STICK - ya know - the first 8 wks being the most risky in terms of miscarriage - things start to get better after that. The other thing is I don't have as strong of symptoms as I did with my first. Which makes ya worry too - it's a double edged sword - more symptoms, seems to be a better sign of sticking, but makes you miserable. Less symptoms - easier to deal with, but more worry about how sticky the bean is..

I'm 41 now, so my fertility window in terms of age is closing - I don't have a lot of time to keep trying so I hope all is well with this little one. :)

Thanks again!

Tina

Tina with my boys I had no symptoms, but with DD I did you just never know

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy & a healthy 9 months!

wow big congrats for very clear bfps x

Wow congratulations. I am sure the shot will be fine, loads of people take all kinds of medication before they know in the early days. I was on strong pain killers, my gp said it would be fine, not much gets to bubs in those early days. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->