unhelpful "advise"...

seoj

Our family of four...
Reaction score
Bit of a vent... sorry.

I just always try to give helpful advise (when asked)- I would never assume to think my way is best though... maybe it is for me and my LO... but there is no one size fits all for parenting. Obviously.

But sometimes it feels like when I ask- which, tbh, is rare anymore-- I get crap advise. :wacko:

For instance- I ask "Cow vs. Almond/Coconut Milk" (on another forum btw)-- and first response was "oh, we don't drink milk. I only give my kids water."....

Um... ok. Thanks?! How does that help me? My LO is 2yrs- so yeah, she likes milk... but I'm looking into more healthy options as she grows... and trying to eat cleaner whenever we can (i.e. no harmful additives or GMO or processed foods).

Just having a moment... probably hormone related! :dohh: Thanks for listening if you didn't already tune me out! :haha:

I know you open yourself up to all sorts of input on public forums. LOL. Just nice when people actually TRY to help... I always do when I can OR just don't reply. No real point- I know this is how it goes... I'm just having a Monday! haha

I had a friend on fb who when she had her lo joined a load of fb groups, every so often what she put would show on my feed and these would really make me think, why comment?
Question this formula or this formula?
She, and a few others would reply breastmilk

That wasn't really the question!

I know right? Sometimes I think it's someone way of saying what THEY feel is best by making a statement, instead of actual input... IDK? I'd of been sensative to the formula question though- since I wasn't able to BF... not everyone can. So yeah, I never asked questions around BF... people are very opinionated about it ;)

Oh well- such is life I suppose ;) Thanks!

I don't get it either. If I read a thread and can't relate I move on... I think people just like to make themselves heard!

I agree it's annoying. If they've nothing of value to add then why comment as it doesn't help.

I must say that I've seen you around BnB a lot and you always give great advice! You are so helpful! :)

I agree it's annoying. If they've nothing of value to add then why comment as it doesn't help.

I must say that I've seen you around BnB a lot and you always give great advice! You are so helpful! :)

Awe- your too sweet! Thanks :flower:

I agree its annoying!
And in relation to your milk query-I researched milks because my little boy is allergic to cows and the stuff I found that seemed the best for nutrition and also we avoid gmos was hemp milk. If you're in the uk we use 'good hemp' they are grown in UK and gmo free. Not sure about brands elsewhere.
I can't remember where exactly I found the comparisons but there wasn't a crazy difference in the different milks from what I remembered. I just avoid almonds in case of nut allergy,and soy due to hormones etc-not supposed to give too much to young children.
My little guy loves hemp milk and coconut too so I'm sticking with them.
Hope you find which suits ye.
:D

Yep very annoying

Also you're one who always stands out to me with your great advise x

I had a friend on fb who when she had her lo joined a load of fb groups, every so often what she put would show on my feed and these would really make me think, why comment?

I cannot stand this. To the (too many) mums who do this I always feel like telling them that a lack of empathy and understanding, as well demonstrated by their fucktard comments, will do their kiddos a lot more harm than a bit of formula.

Oh and OP, I know this wasn't the question, but try a mixture of almond and cow's milk as they have different benefits. I have almond milk as I'm anaemic and thanks to this forum I've found out calcium can make it hard to absorb iron, so I have almond and banana milkshakes for breakfast as both are a fantastic source. Cows milk of course has much more protein and calcium though which is essential for growing children.

Annoys me too! Especially when a formula question is asked and people say "breastmilk is better" i got that a lot with Ivy when she was younger i was like wow, thanks, thats great but my LO is now 6 months and my boobs are drier than the sahara :thumbup: :haha:

I cannot stand this. To the (too many) mums who do this I always feel like telling them that a lack of empathy and understanding, as well demonstrated by their fucktard comments, will do their kiddos a lot more harm than a bit of formula.

I could understand if someone said sma or cow and gate and the reply they got was aptamil (eg) but suggesting breast milk is tbh pointless, and I say this whilst bf ds2 x

I agree its annoying!
And in relation to your milk query-I researched milks because my little boy is allergic to cows and the stuff I found that seemed the best for nutrition and also we avoid gmos was hemp milk. If you're in the uk we use 'good hemp' they are grown in UK and gmo free. Not sure about brands elsewhere.
I can't remember where exactly I found the comparisons but there wasn't a crazy difference in the different milks from what I remembered. I just avoid almonds in case of nut allergy,and soy due to hormones etc-not supposed to give too much to young children.
My little guy loves hemp milk and coconut too so I'm sticking with them.
Hope you find which suits ye.

I'd never heard of Hemp milk till I asked around- I've not seen it where I live though? Maybe it's in a special place or only sold in certain stores- but I'll for sure check into it more ;) Thanks!!!!!!

I did find an Almond/Coconut milk blend- that doesn't have the Carregeenen that the usual Almond or Coconut milk does-- it's harder to find, but it's around! I've heard not to use Soy either- I actually used to drink it while I was TTC, and read it was not good for woman while trying to get prego- so I haven't since. Like everything though- there is just SO much info out there- sometimes too much! :dohh:

Thanks ladies... appreciate all the input and support ;)

And emyandpotato- thanks, I'll try that too. Might just have to try a few things and see what my LO enjoys. She loves milk- so this will be a bit new for her... a mix is a great idea though!

Haha-I avoid carageenan too! Its hard to find dairy alternatives without it-yoghurts etc. Good luck finding hemp milk-I order it by dozen cartons in my local health shop as they don't always have it in stock. And Holland and Barrett do the brand I mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"