Uninspired by boys names

whatwillbex

Reaction score
Hi
We are really struggling with boys names it was so easy to pick dd's name. I've looked at the list of boys names and the same names keep coming up. I need some inspiration.
We like old English names not made up names as we are not cool enough to pull of those sorts of names haha :dohh:
Not short names or names that are overly used. So something a bit different but only because it's old fashioned. Oh and a name thats pretty if that's even possible :thumbup:If any of that makes any sense to anyone...help me! :shrug:
Otherwise this child shall forever be baby boy.....

I have two boys and have struggled both times..
this is probably boy 3 but wont know until its birthday but I have no clue what its name would
Be if it is! Arghh
I like kind sounding old mans names..
i have an Arthur.. 😊

We are in the same boat, there isn't a single boy's name that I love. If this baby is a boy his name will be Declan (I believe it's an Irish name?). I liked the name Asher better, but my OH thought it was a "sissy" sounding name so he vetoed it. I hope baby is a girl as I love our girl name pick!

I found my second son's names by reading through THE ENTIRE THREAD of "beautiful boy names" in the Baby Names message boards. Hahaha. At the time, I just had no idea what to name him! I liked NOTHING ... until I found The One. :) Check it out! A lot of it includes trendy names, but it started so long ago that many of the trends have come and gone already.

I'm having a hard time with boy names too. I have several that I like but two that don't seem to go good together LOL. So I'm in the same boat. I'm like you in that I like old fashioned names rather than made up names and ones that aren't used very often. Unfortunately the name that I'm in love with (Jacob) is very popular here in the US right now and as much as I want to go with it, I'm afraid he'll be the sixth Jacob in his school or something.

Arthurs was ours too but there's lots of Arthurs where I live, may just join the club. George is a nice name too. The book of names makes me laugh theres lots of names in the book but I think they are just made up just to fill the pages. X

We're in the same boat! Naming our DD was easy. Finding a boys name that we like is proving impossible. We've picked out another girls name so hopefully this little one is a girl :)

I feel you, I've already had 3 boys so I feel like I'm really scraping the barrel now for a cool name :haha:

I'm working my way through the a-z list on nameberry. We really struggle with boys names too and want something unusual but not "out there". We have Alistair already, and I'm feeling this baby is a boy too so I'm looking hard. My cousin has just named their boy William.

Found this list of names:

https://www.top-100-baby-names-search.com/old-english-boy-names.html

https://www.englishboysnames.co.uk/

Hope you soon find something you like:flower:

Good luck, boys are so hard to name!!! I ve been trying to get a list going for names but stopped. I have two boys and the names were so hard to pick but they have meaning, if this is a third boy I am at a total name loss. I do have a list of girls names.

I just kept going through name lists until we finally found something. I would see if you can pull up a list of older names or something and see if you can find something.

I actually had an easy time with my boys and struggled with my girl!

DS1 is named Nicholas. It's a classic name I've always liked since I was a kid.
DS2 is named Julian. It's a sweet name which doesn't sound too "out there", but also isn't super common. We always get compliments on his name and in my life I've only known one other Julian.

DD we mulled over lists for hours on end and here we are at 39 weeks on Friday and STILL aren't settled on a name

Some people we know have a son named Ruston, I think it's so handsome and wish I could use it but that would be weird for us to do lol

We are team yellow and also finding it difficult to agree on boys names.

I think I was 38 weeks when we came up with Lucas's name. It's so hard to find good boys names I think.
This time around I let OH pick the name, he's always wanted to use the name Arthur if he had a son... but I'm starting to go off it! I keep flicking through the baby name book finding lovely names but I don't know how to break it to OH :lol:

We have a girls name picked but no definite boys names as we just have such different taste to one another. I like names like Harris or Zach and he likes names like Barry or Steven.

We agree on Owen, jake or Fraser but none that I love just yet.

We are exactly the same. Our girls were so easy to name but boys names I am clueless at. I am kinda hoping my new baby is a girl just so I don't have to worry about picking out a boy name.

My kids are mixed, half Japanese so we want names that work well in the Japanese language too, which makes it harder. There are plenty of japanese names I love but they would probably not do so well here in the US. So we find middle ground but it's difficult sometimes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->