Unplanned

BUMP5-ZA

Mom of 2 TTC +1
Reaction score
This is just to introduce myself to the forum - I am a mother of two ( 7yrl old boy and a 3yr old girl) I live in South Africa.I have been pregnant 4 times and have lost two ( one early weeks and the other on 38weeks-that was my last pregnancy - also the one leading to my divorce two years ago) I have been divorced and about to be engaged with my new partner - we are stayig together against our church belief,(and without them knowing) Our counceling dates were confirmed this morning for our pre engagement sesion.

However we went as a "family" on a berg holiday in Mid September (it was lovely we had snow and fireplace going) Anyway to get back to the point. I went on to the injection three weeks prior to our holiday.

All being fine - I had my cycle after that in October,for a few weeks I have been struggling to eat my red meats and nausea and sore breasts and the lot that goes with being pregnant as most of you know.So the point - being a day late and having all 'the signs' I took a test in my lunch time . . . .
and yup you guest it - :bfp: - two lines :dohh: . . .

Here is the thing - one line is dark and the other vague - but there are clearly two lines.So waiting for the weekend to take another ( hoping the second line will dissapear)Sorry to those trying to conceive,but the timing of this is totally out and very unexpected- we were going to get married in the early new year and then MAYBE try for a baby in a years time.

Please understand my histeria as being pregnant again is my worst nightmare come true after loosing my last daughter on 9 months in my pregnancy and loosing my husband of 8 years . . . .

My main reason for joining is that i have no one to talk to as my parents would have a fit and our church will probly reject us (unless we get married ASAP) And my fiance ( to be ) hasnt ever had children of his own so he is histerical as it is and i dont want to upset him more with my thoughts and denial.

So hope to be here a lot
Till Later
BUMP5 - 95% sure

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry your BFP is not what you want but try not to assume that because it ended badly last time it will this time. Every pregnancy and definitely every man is different! :hugs:

Thanks - Easier said than done - the past screams at me - the whole experiance - and then i still have to deal with all the politics around church and family - It seems a huge mountain at this stage - but i'm sure we will get there , step by step. . . it's very over whelming thou . . .

Hello and welcome to the site, if you are unsure about your :bfp; you can post a photo of it ad put it in the test gallery. CLICK HERE

If it is positive you can head over to the first trimester forum where you'll meet lots of ladies at the same stage as you. CLICK HERE

I'm sorry your Church isn't supportive of you, i'm sure that here at BNB you will find we are a very supportive community, and i hope you make friends here.

Plus, i know lying is wrong but - it's early days, could you not move the wedding forward and give everyone the wrong due dates? Its not as thou you weren't going to get married anyway.

Thanks for some direction - will do so on Monday - i am waiting for the weekend to be 100% positive - then i will post a pic of both tests - LOL - atleast i am a lil calmed down now....

Thanks - Easier said than done - the past screams at me - the whole experiance - and then i still have to deal with all the politics around church and family - It seems a huge mountain at this stage - but i'm sure we will get there , step by step. . . it's very over whelming thou . . .

Of course it screams at you, it's not going to be something you can forget. There is a room for miscarriage and loss support https://www.babyandbump.com/miscarriage-support/ where you will be able to find others who have had similar experiences. Perhaps it will help you deal with your past loss. I can't really offer advice about your family or church but sometimes other people just have to deal with it and let you get on with your life.

Thank you .... seems like a dream thou - suppose reality will kick in after the weekend - then some consturctive thinking can take place ( hopefully )

I just wanted to echo what the other ladies said here and give you a big :hugs:

You have found a great forum and it is full of advice and great ladies xxx

Thanks again to all - I took another test this morning - shows negative - a bit of a relief - but my positive test lurks in the back of my mind - 50 / 50 at this stage - I would be going for a blood test and the GP - will keep you all posted .

And thanks again . . .

Hey there, Welcome to the forum!! The ladies here are so friendly and supportive and also knowledgable.

Sorry to hear about all the things you are going through.
Good luck with everything...

Just phoned our hospital - going to the lab in the next hour to do the blood test - then i have to wait two hours for a result. . . . . . .

Ok - I am back from hospital - I have to wait two hours now . . . kinda scary . . . never thought two hours could feel soooo long. . . .

how did it go hun??
i know everything is a shock now, but you've found a great forum, with a lot of supportive people to answer questions, give opinions and best of all, it's an amazing support system.

:hugs:

How did it go sweetie? Did you get the results yet? :hugs:

Thanks to all that replied to my thread - I just thought i would let you all know that my blood test came back from the hospital - and it was negative - although my home one said positive - after being in shock - and all this waiting - and all this trying to figure it out - my fiance ( to be ) and I got all excited about this and now it's not ! One thing puzzling me thou is that my cycle still hasnt started ???
Giving it some time . . . ( now actually hoping it doesnt start ) other wise i would be joining the TTC group... can you beleive it ?? after not even wanting to have another for a while . . . lol . . . another thing is my 'symptoms' arent gowing away and i know this sounds crazy - but my stomac is standing extremely bloated . . . Think i am going insane

If your period still doesn't start go back to the Doctors, I know you can get false negatives, but never heard of a false positive before.

Maybe you're disappointment is a sign. Now you know how you and your OH would feel if you were pregnant. So now you can plan for the future, and at a time when you are ready you could try again.

You can always join WTC until your wedding, if you are still concerned about what people will think.

Do try to talk to someone about your previous losses if you are still worried. Some times just talking will help.

:hug:

Ditto what Ria said, I've not heard of false positives before, even for home tests. Not to sound scare-mongering but there are complications that can give a positive result and depending what the blood test was actually testing might have been masked. Best to keep an eye on things and do another test or pop back to the doctors if things don't feel normal soon. :hugs:

oh dear - so you guys think - that the positive is actualy 'positive' and that the blood test negative is actualy 'false' . GIGGLE . That is actually funny . . .I counted my days again to make sure i got all my dates right i did it about 3 or 4 times - and my dates are def right I am 'late' a week now - i am having funny cramps thou - not period cramps,they almost like constipation cramps ( sowi - didnt know how else to put it ) We went to walk on the beach this morning as the kids slept by granny last night and i got soooo tired??? I really feel like i am going insane and imagening all these things...

If i am not i am def going to move along to the WTC section.As we would probably only have to wait 6 months before we can TTC . :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->