unprescribed clomid use

babymammy

Pregnant- 1st trimester
Reaction score
i hav read that the use of clomid can help ovulation and conception. my boyfriend is a steroid user and has lots of clomid due to his post therapy after he finishes his steroid course. although i havent been prescribed it i was considering takin it to help things along, can anybody tell me if there are dangers in takin it when it hasnt been prescriped and how is it ment to be taken ie. what days on cycle do u take it? thanks in advance x

If you're planning to ttc I would say NEVER put anything in your body that hasn't been cleared by a doctor. If you don't have known fertility issues then why would you mess with your body? And if you do then you definitely have a better chance of getting it sorted by being checked by a doctor. I think it's a terrible idea to self-medicate, especially if there's a potential baby involved. Please don't do this, please speak to your doctor instead!

I agree, I wouldnt take it either...if you really wana try it tho, soy isoflovines are the natural alternative to clomid, google 'soy isoflovines ttc', I think 100mg soy is the equivelant of 50mg clomid, but dont quote me! Theres a soy thread on here somewhere too :) I use it, you take it the same days as clomid, at the start of ur cycle, and it gives you stronger/more eggs, depending on when you take it!

You shouldnt take it unless your doctor oks it. Like the others have said if you take it with out any known fertility problems then you could over stimulate your overies which will cause no end of problems. Agnus castus is a herbal tablet you can take to regulate AF and ovulate.
If you have been trying for a while and have had no luck then go to your doctor he may put you on clomid.

Go google ovarian hyperstimulation.
Taking a drug like clomid without close monitoring can be very dangerous.
I know its hard going into ttc and wanting to get pregnant but please think about the dangers of this:flower:

Never take anything that hasn't been prescribed to you.
Speak to your doctor instead if you think you need help conceiving...

Definitely dangerous.

Clomid is to stimulate egg production when the ovaries aren't releasing them naturally. Can you imagine? If you are already ovulating you aren't helping in ANY way, just causing harm instead from overstimulation, with possible long term consequences.

Unless you've been diagnosed with annovulation (not ovulating) by a medical professional, and prescribed Clomid, don't take it.

I have a friend on another forum who tried this. It really screwed her body up and she still hasn't conceived years later. Please don't take these if your doctor isn't the one giving it to you!!!!

Looks like you have had some great advice here and hope you seek medical adivce before taking it :) Good luck sweet

It would be incredibly dangerous to take it without prescription. Secondly, if your OH is a steroid user, I hope he will be stopping before you TTC???

It would be incredibly dangerous to take it without prescription. Secondly, if your OH is a steroid user, I hope he will be stopping before you TTC???

I thought the same...

I was going to say steroid use often makes men infertile whilst they are using them anyway! I would strongly advise against any use of drugs not prescribed by your doctor for both you and your OH!

thanks for the advice evryone, it has all been taken on board and have decided against using the clomid.

i understand the concerns around the OH steriod use but he isnt someone who hasnt got a clue what he is doin on them. although some steroids can affect sperm count and mobility it is not a certaintl that they will, if they do he will take the appropiate actions. if i do get pregnant whilst he is on steroids if will not have any affect on the baby or pregnancy. he is very open to his doctors about his use and gets his bloods checked often. we have bought a fertility score male fetility test to use tonight, to check his sperm count. has anyone used one before?

my husband did, lol, i got really into tests before i got pregnant the first time and got him one, we just did it for a laught really, but was fairly simple to use if i remember ... good luck hun x

Don't do it!!! Messing with pills without doctor's guidance would be a really bad idea...

It wouldn't make just anyone more fertile... it's only meant for people with problems, so you could end up making yourself infertile.

Not worth the risk. EVER.

(Coming from a future nurse so forgive the forcefulness)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->