unsupportive friends and family

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

everdreaming

Had an argument with my (gay male) best friend today. He thinks I should have an abortion. And I quote:"I've told you before I want nothing to do with the baby I think your being a fool"

sitting in the toilet at work just so upset. I get it, he doesn't like babies. But he is literally my only local friend and all my friends are through him. And he has the absolute audacity to tell me how he thinks I shouldn't have the baby as I'll have no one to support me. Damn right and he's number 1 on that list of zero support eh. and I had woken up so positive. Pregnant a week and already losing friends.

as for my family, they're dead set against the whole thing. They don't want me to get rid but they want nothing to do with the baby and have already said as much to my face.

And I haven't even got round to telling the father who is currently ignoring my text messages.

:cry: today is just too much. Anyone else feel totally alone?

Oh no - hope things get better and people come round. Is there a reason why friends/ family are not supportive? Or at least do they think they have a reason?

Oh, hun, I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Your friend is certainly entitled to his opinion, but he's not being a very good friend by expressing that to you.

Terminating a pregnancy is an intensely personal decision that a woman makes for herself... that's really none of his business.

Again, I'm so sorry.

I've spent 5 days trying to get hold of the father. He's been ignoring my messages and my calls. So I had to text him, he didn't leave me a choice.

Here is his response:

https://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a425/dreamingoreality/Screenshot_2013-09-02-20-18-21.png

:cry: :cry: :cry:

(Oh and the pill I'm referring to is the morning after pill, and I read that off the packet the day I took it)

Sounds like your better off doing it alone!

I'm so sorry you're having a crappy time. I've been there too. honestly, you can do this on your own if you want... many have, including me. it's actually easier than doing it with a guy who isn't interested.
In my case lots of people came around as the pregnancy progressed, and then Bubby was born.
Good luck!!

Not sure you should be posting the guys real name and picture here. Even if he is being an ass. JMO

Closed as per BnB TOS that you agreed to when you signed up for the forum.

While BabyandBump tries to remain pro-choice on most subjects, out of respect for majority of our members that are either trying to conceive, or pregnant, we ask that you do not discuss topics on abortion and terminations outside of the 'Ethical Prenatal Losses' forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back