Unsure of status

eiggem

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new and hoping someone might have some advice. I've been on Nuvaring for just under 2 years, partially for bc, partially to balance out my nasty acne. It helped with the acne, but caused other nasty side effects and my body just didn't agree with it. I decided I wanted off of it, told my husband, and just didn't put a new one in this month. Thing is, I'm not sure it registered with him, although I told him 2 or 3 times I was going off the hormones. I'm okay with the possibility of getting pregnant (actually, I'd be super happy), but I'm pretty sure he's not ready yet (he keeps talking about kids "in a couple of years"). He hasn't, however, mentioned any other form of bc, and he's acting like I still have am on the ring. I'm not sure what to do. Because I have a history of hormonal problems, I plan on charting, but I know that we can't depend on it for the first few months off bc. So do I just leave it and see what happens since we did talk about me going off the ring or do I ask him if he wants to use another form of bc? :shrug:

I would talk to him about it. You probably already know men dont listen that well sometimes lol.

I would talk to him about it. You probably already know men dont listen that well sometimes lol.

I agree - my husband calls it witchcraft & doesn't understand what happens so I have to spell things out for him :haha:

We currently use the withdrawal method as we are waiting to try in June & although every month I secretly hope that I get pregnant, I'm not really sure how OH would react. When we do start TTC in June I want him totally on board/supportive & excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->