unsure on what to do ????????

lisa-lovelife

Reaction score
i found out over a week ago that we had lost our little bean :cry: i saw my doc to day and has asked me to go back after my final scan to talk about contraception ...im not sure how i feel about this , i know my body needs time to heal but i also want to let nature decide when its the right time :sad1: i just dont know what to do for the best:cry:

sorry you've been through this x

I think it was a bit insensitive of your dr to word it that way, were there any particular circumstances that indicate it necessary to wait longer than the shortest time to ttc again?

i think different drs have different ideas of how to progress, i think you should concentrate on your loss and feeling that until you can see them again, and if you havent made the appointment, get it booked in so you then get to hear their side asap and you know what you are dealing with

theres lots of theories about waiting to try - from what i can gather, none of them are fool proof or universally agreed upon unless there are specific circumstances - and you have to do whats right for you. There does seem to be agreement on making your future ttc easier by waiting for af for dating purposes, and to make sure you are emotionally strong enough (bit bloody rich seeing as what takes us forwards is trying again in the first place)

ask your dr why they feel it appropriate to discuss contraception - find out what they think its right for you, and then you can react in the most positive way. For eg, do they think your risk of mc is increased if you dont wait? If so, why? Some drs think that the lining of your uterus needs to get thicker - then others say the egg wont implant if its not thick enough so thats less relevant to waiting for eg

hope you get some answers

I just had a look back, and it seems to me like theres no particular reason why youd have to wait a long time to ttc. Maybe the dr just meant until your first af. Ask them and ask why, then you can decide if you agree with what they say, but if theres a reason, you have to hear what that reason is

I agree with the pp. Not sure why you need to go onto contraception really.

I wasn't told to. I was told to just wait for my first period which is today and then I can try. Did they explain why you need to wait?

I wasn't advised to go on contraception either - have pcos too which they sometimes try to treat with the pill. I did wait one cycle before trying to ttc again but that was my choice and managed it without the pill.

Def hear the dr out but go with what you feel comfortable with.

Very sorry for your loss

hx

My dr told me to wait 2 months. To get 2 normal cycles before trying. She was going to give me contraceptives but I dont want my body messed up again. It took long enough for it to get back to normal!!! We used condoms and sometimes nothing. Just follow what you think is right and no I wouldnt take any oral contraceptives I would just wait till you can try again.

Sorry for your loss

thank you all for your posts .. my doc said he wanted me to wait a few months so i can mourn our loss and give my body time to heal, which i understand ,but i feel the only way i can keep going is to keep trying x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->