unsure

maybenum3

WTT until April 2019
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new here. My name is Stacey. Didn't really know where else to vent my thoughts. I have a son who is 12 and a daughter who is 7 I am no longer with their dad, haven't been for 6 years now, I have been with my partner for 1.5years. I am currently 32.

I have unsure thoughts on baby number 3. Some days I really want another and some days I sit and think how would I cope with a newborn and am I getting towards that age where it may be too late to start trying again?

I drive myself crazy thinking about it. My partner doesn't have kids, so it would be nice for him to have one of our own, but he keeps saying when we are more financially stable.. I mean when will that be? hahaha we may never be or it may be too late etc..

I had really bad pregnancies both times as well. I had really bad sickness and fainting with my first but it was 100x worse with my daughter. I had hyperemesis from the minute I found out I was pregnant. Ended up on a drip for a week in hospital, and she was back to back also so had a really rough time in labour.

I am 90% sure I want another and before its too late, but these things are putting me off. Im not sure I could go through another pregnancy like that with 2 children to look after and a job too.

Arrrghhhh hahaha its so tough

I really don't know

Does anyone else feel this way? How old were you all having your children? Anyone else have a large gap between their last two children?

Any thoughts would be helpful

Much love,

Stacey xx

Hi there! I am 31 and my two kids from my previous partner are 9 and 7. I thought I was done having kids. I am with my new partner now and he doesn't have kids either (he is 33) but he wants them with out a doubt. I am trying with him. I have to say that if you had asked me about a year ago if I was going to have any more kids the answer would have been a strong Heck NO! it has changed to excitement now. Sorry you had tough pregnancies! I can understand being worried but the question is will you regret not having a 3rd since you are 90% sure you want to have one with your partner?

I drive myself crazy every day over this
I have a nearly six year old and I'm 33
Some days I really want one, some days I try to make peace with the fact I'm done
I am in a relationship but for various reasons now isn't really the right time and I also worry if I'd cope ok with two. Also we'd have to move house eventually and I love my apartment I'm in now. Xx

Hi, I wouldn't worry about your age, I had my third in January and I will be 36 in a couple of days! We don't want anymore children but if we did I would still be happy to have one in a few years time. I too had awful pregnancies and it was hard on my other children as I wasn't up to doing much and they are younger so were at home with me most of the time. It seems like a distant memory now though and when I look at them altogether I know it was worth it ☺

Thank you all so much for the replies it’s nice to know I’m not alone in how I’m feeling. I guess I worry about how I will cope if I have another baby and the pregnancy is the same. There’s no way I would cope with work etc. Maybe a doctor would be able to help with that side of things I’m not sure. I’m near certain I want another baby but I’m not sure my partner does, or will ever be ready. Maybe it’s time to have the conversation with him.

Thanks again xxx

Thank you, I will keep you all informed.

xx

So had the talk with my partner tonight and he said if I’m a years time we are more financially secure we can try for a baby :D so there we have it. See where we are in a year from now :)

Xx

Thanks Girls :D

He definitely was right, theres things we need to sort first. My weight being one of them. (that's come from me not him btw) I am overweight by quite a bit id say and
so not in the optimal state for wanting to conceive a baby. So my main target atm is weight loss!!! AND im crap at it! lol I find it really hard to stick to a diet I love food too much, and I drink wayyyyyyy to many energy drinks, which I know is awful for my health too, but they are like my security blanket atm. So I have a pretty rough time ahead. I can do it though!!

I wish I knew the answers. I was so excited and ready to start TTC and now I'm having a complete change of heart because of all of my fears of changing my life and not being a good enough mother that I'm contemplating just going on long-term birth control if my period shows up this month. I thought I could take the plunge and thought I wanted to, but I don't think I can and I'm already 31 so I know it's basically now or never.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->