"unusual" girl name

firsttimemaman

Pregnant- 1st time mom
Reaction score
Hello,
We have a daughter named Adlee Lynn Marie. We need something that's just as unusual for our next one. I recently heard the name Mattea (pronounced Muh-tay-a) and I just fell in love with it. What do you think? How would you spell it?

Im not sure if i like it to be honest :shrug:. There was a singer from the Sugarbabes called Mutya (spelt like that). I can imagine nasty people kids shortening it to Mut! (a not very nice slang name for a mongrel dog) :nope: xx

I really like Mattea (spelled like that). It's the female form of Matthew and a good, strong name but still cute and unusual. She could be a Matty or Tea (Tay-ah) for short, both very cute. Lovely name! :thumbup:

I really like Mattea (spelled like that). It's the female form of Matthew and a good, strong name but still cute and unusual. She could be a Matty or Tea (Tay-ah) for short, both very cute. Lovely name! :thumbup:

I like the sound of Mattea, but with a 'Mat' instead of 'Mut' sound at the beginning iykwim :thumbup:

i like it as i love unusual names...i would spell it Mataya

I love Mattea, I would spell it like that as it is the standard spelling.

I would definitely stick with the standard spelling, it's a beautiful Italian name :)

Thanks for all your wonderful comments. I like it spelled Mattaya or Mataya. Hm...Now I have to decide on a cute middle name to go with it.

Yes, I like that name with one t. It's very pretty, as is your first daughters name : ) best of luck choosing a middle name!!! x

I like it spelled like Mattaya that way no one will have problems pronouncing it and she won't spend the rest of her life correcting people.

It also changes it up because before I kept thinking of all the Madea movies like this one https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1142800/

It's pretty and I think you could come up with a very nice middle name (or two) to add to it's appeal!

I Really Like it :) I think i might steal it and add it to my list :haha: (if you dont mind). As my DFs names is Matthew :) xxxx

I like it :) My name's Verity, so I'm looking for something unusual for my baby too. Good luck!

I've seen Matteo for a boy -- but never Mattea for a girl. I kinda like it -- goes nicely with your 1st daughter's name...

Prefer the spelling Mataya -- so it's spelled like it's pronounced & she wont always have to correct people saying it wrong! Plus, Taya makes a really nice nickname!

I Really Like it :) I think i might steal it and add it to my list :haha: (if you dont mind). As my DFs names is Matthew :) xxxx

I don't mind at all. Imitation is the best form of flattery. (I heard someone say something like that once...hahaha) Matthew and Mattea. Good idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->