unusual name - what do you think?? honest opinions needed

mummypeanut

baby due march 10th
Reaction score
HUbby and i have started thinking about kiddy names. Early days but i think this might be my favourite past time in the world. We possibly have a name for a boy but not a girl.

We love unusual names and we talked today about leylandi.

I wanted to find out what you all thought. Leylandi is an ever green tree so it could be considerd as odd as calling your kid conifer or spruce for example!!:winkwink:

Do you like the name? and if you met a leylandi what would you think?

thnx in advance

xx

i like it, it doesnt sound like a tree at all lol :) it sounds very cultural and different, i like different names xx

Aawww i really like that - but to be honest as soon as i say it it reminds of ulandi(sp) from eastenders but it is a very pretty name x x

Aawww i really like that - but to be honest as soon as i say it it reminds of ulandi(sp) from eastenders but it is a very pretty name x x

thats what i thought of! lol but its different, i like it!

do any keen gardeners out there know if the plant is called leylandi or as it is spelt properly leylandii ?

Is that prounounced leylandi-eye ....coz if so that would be a bit of a mouth full!!

i dont watch eastenders but is the charactor a goody or a baddy??? - the only problem i can see with that if they end up with a notorious serial killer story line or become as imfamous as bianca 'RIIICKKKAAAAYYYY!!'

Hm, I think with names as far out as that (no offence, just mean it's unusal, no judgement there :D) it depends a lot on your surname...

Leylandi Buto - yes
Leylandi Smith - not for me...

How about Lelani? Or Lelany?

i dont watch eastenders but is the charactor a goody or a baddy??? - the only problem i can see with that if they end up with a notorious serial killer story line or become as imfamous as bianca 'RIIICKKKAAAAYYYY!!'

:lol: dont worry shes a goodie :thumbup: shes not in it atm tho x x x

Hm, I think with names as far out as that (no offence, just mean it's unusal, no judgement there :D) it depends a lot on your surname...

Leylandi Buto - yes
Leylandi Smith - not for me...

How about Lelani? Or Lelany?

Leylandi Davies....i would assume thats in the smith catagory

Leylandii are the trees that cause all the neighbour feuds on telly about trees blocking sunlight and generally being a complete pain. It's also pretty difficult to say. Lay-lan-dee-eye. It'd be mispronounced a lot and may seem pretentious to some. I'd see people being tempted to shorten it to "lay", which probably isn't the best of nicknames. I just think there are a lot more workable and attractive nature names out there, but that's just me

Leyland might be something to consider? What made you think about leylandii?

Leylandi is definitely unique... I prefer Leylani.. It is a Hawaiian name.

I think both are beautiful :)

Leylandi is ok, but like Ilove said, the pronunciation of Leylandii is a bit of a mouthful. Your little one would spend her whole life having to spell her name out for people.

Well I like Leyland for a boy. I've haven't heard of Leylandi before but I have to say I like it! I also like Lelani x

Don't like it - sorry! Prefer Leylani. They are generally nuisance trees, and the name would be open to so much interpretation on how to spell and say it.

Well I like Leyland for a boy. I've haven't heard of Leylandi before but I have to say I like it! I also like Lelani x

I agree with lili24, I like LEYLAND for a boy or LEYLANI for a girl. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->