• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

unusual name - what do you think?? honest opinions needed

I like it,
I also have unusual names for my children (Phoenix n Indiana), people tend 2 remember the more unusual 1's

bit to much of a mouthful for me. not my kind of thing

I really dislike this name. I do like unusual names, but this doesn't sound too good. It's a bit weird and it's like you're trying to find a cool name noone has, but maybe got too carried away!! I think it might help to ask yourself honestly would you want to be called this name, and to tell other people that is what your name is. That should be the test. Or if this is a boy's name, would you like to tell other people that was the name of your boyfriend? Just some thoughts to help you get it in to perspective. Gosh I feel like I am being like Simon Cowell here. Sorry if I am being too harsh.
Good luck in choosing. It is difficult choosing...

Layland Cypress
scientific name: X Cupressocyparis leylandii
AKA Laylandii (2 i's)

Laylandii --> lay-LAN-dee-eye

it is quite a mouthful.
I like Layland.....Laylandii not so much!

I dislike it...

How about Leilani (lay-lah-nee)? I like that better and it's a legit girls name...not a tree :winkwink:

HUbby and i have started thinking about kiddy names. Early days but i think this might be my favourite past time in the world. We possibly have a name for a boy but not a girl.

We love unusual names and we talked today about leylandi.

I wanted to find out what you all thought. Leylandi is an ever green tree so it could be considerd as odd as calling your kid conifer or spruce for example!!:winkwink:

Do you like the name? and if you met a leylandi what would you think?

thnx in advance

xx
I like unusual names and your is very intresting! I like it!

my street is called Leyland..... :S puts me off slightly x

All it reminded me of was " leyland " pronounced leeland , from dog the bounty hunter lol

sorry hun personally i dont like it, as above though i much prefer lelani ..much much cuter :)

OK points to note - firstly a leilandi is a bush planted that caused a lot of controversy as it spreads like a weed and you can't get rid of it.... And to me (sorry!!) it sounds like Leilani. Which is the name of lots of page 3 models....

I agree it sounds lovely but I would give it a big no because of those 2 reasons!

Leyland was name on our list, got it off dog bounty hunter, so i like it
Dwayne-Lee to.

Aawww i really like that - but to be honest as soon as i say it it reminds of ulandi(sp) from eastenders but it is a very pretty name x x

I think you mean Yolanda.

I'm sorry but I really don't like Leylandii- think of all the teasing the poor child will have :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"