Unusual Names

We have Aatos, which is a Finnish name but a little unusual even there. Means 'thought'.

I love this! Is it pronounced Ay-tos, ah-tos, aar-tos or some other way? I love the idea of someone being called a name meaning "thought"!

We have Aatos, which is a Finnish name but a little unusual even there. Means 'thought'.

I love this! Is it pronounced Ay-tos, ah-tos, aar-tos or some other way? I love the idea of someone being called a name meaning "thought"!

Thanks, it's so nice to get a nice comment about the name for a change :flower:
(Had a few people tell me how to them as non-Finnish speakers it sounds archaic or grandiose....bahhh....wasn't meant like that at all.)

It's pronounced Ah-tos. It's a sort of lyrical variation of the proper word for 'thought' which is 'ajatus'. I still like it ;)

Thanks for all the replies everyone!
Ive not been on here few a few days, only just had chance to look now.
You have all suggested some really beautiful names there...still cant decide wha to go with?! x

Thanks, it's so nice to get a nice comment about the name for a change :flower:
(Had a few people tell me how to them as non-Finnish speakers it sounds archaic or grandiose....bahhh....wasn't meant like that at all.)

It's pronounced Ah-tos. It's a sort of lyrical variation of the proper word for 'thought' which is 'ajatus'. I still like it ;)

Ah I was hoping it'd be Ah-tos! I love it, might have to go on our list! I don't think it sounds grandiose at all. Most names come from languages we don't speak (I don't speak Finnish but it sounds fine) I'm surprised you don't get more positive comment on it, it's fab:thumbup:

My next door neighbour has a little girl called Delta, I think thats really sweet!!

I came across a few unusual names that I like....I wouldn't use them myself as I don't go for anything too weird/unusual lol I'm not brave enough! But made me think of this thread...

Felix
Sebastian (Seb / Bastian)
Drew

Saskia (shortened to Sassy is cute!)
Harriet (Hattie!)
Heidi
Josephine (Josie)

Here are the names we love...

Girls
Ana Lucia
Noelia (Could be called 'Ellie' for nickname too) (No-el-ee-ah)

Boys
Lucael (Luke-I-El) (nickname "Luca")
Mateo ("Mattie")

unusual ones i love but my oh hates and im not allowed-

Miles
Milo
Leo
dante
paxton
elvis
grant

if ours is a girl, its definetly going to be "Poppy"!

milo is my fave by a country mile... by the oh HATES it and has put his foot down :cry:

p.s. i see in your siggy that u have lola for a girl- thats adorable!!!

Thanks...I love Lola :D

I do love Milo - it kinda reminds me of the Tweenie hehe!

unusual ones i love but my oh hates and im not allowed-

Miles
Milo
Leo
dante
paxton
elvis
grant

if ours is a girl, its definetly going to be "Poppy"!

I love the names Miles.....but one of my best friends is called Miles, so cant use that one!!! :) Milo is nice too :)

I think Ariana is gorgeous!
So is avaleigh!

Boys names are much harder.....ive given up on that until LOs born!

If we have a boy it is most likely to be Moreno after the daddy :)

If i was having a girl she would of been Kadie, i just love it!

I haven't found a girls name I have fallen in love with yet but if we have a boy, we are going for Eddison (Eddy) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->