Unusually light AF and BBT remains high - is this normal?

bluefish1980

Reaction score
Advice requested please.

As mentioned in the title, AF arrived Wednesday (2 days late). However, it has been really light compared to normal (only just uses a tampon a day and no bleeding at night - sorry for TMI!) Yet my BBT has remained above the baseline.

I just wanted to know if others have experienced this? I'm worried my temp hasnt come down. It normally does first day of AF.

Also, I normally have bad cramps for the first 2 days of AF, but I've had none this month - not that I'm complaining coz normally they are really painful!

I also feel quite queasy, especially after eating and my BB feel sore.

Someone on another thread suggested I test, just in case but it was negative.

Any ideas what is going on? Or any similar stories?

I haven't had this experience so I'm afraid I'm not much help, but if the bleeding was connected to implantation it could take a few days before a bfp. FX for you! :hugs:

Thanks for commenting.

I just wish I knew what was going on. My BBT was still high this morning. It keeps creeping up higher and higher, never dropped below the baseline temp :(

I was talking to my Mum and she said she didn't get a positive pregnancy test till 3 months with me AND she bled....turned out she had placenta pravia. Not sure if this was linked.

Some people don't get a positive HPT until really late. It does sound like it could have been implantation bleeding rather than AF. I'd say give it a few more days the test again, and if its negative but you haven't had a real period then I'd go for a blood test.

Based on your temps, I'd say it sounds like you could be pregnant. I agree that you should go for a blood test if you're still getting bfps on hpts in about a week. I did some searching online and it can be a week after IB before there is enough hormone built up to show in a test.

I'm still hoping there is someone out there that can offer me some advice.

I am now on CD11 according to FF, but by BBT still hasn't come below my baseline from last cycle.

I still have sore BBs and the queesiness comes and goes.

Last tested on CD8 (just in case!) but BFN so I have no idea why my BBT isn't coming down as normal.

I always take my BBT at the same time and do it before I get up, so there should be no question over the temps.

I'm so confused and would really appreciate any advice or similar stories.

it could have been ib and it may just be taking a while to get a bfp I no with me it can take me a while to get a bfp. all you can do is wait and keep testing x gl

I'm still hoping there is someone out there that can offer me some advice.

I am now on CD11 according to FF, but by BBT still hasn't come below my baseline from last cycle.

I still have sore BBs and the queesiness comes and goes.

Last tested on CD8 (just in case!) but BFN so I have no idea why my BBT isn't coming down as normal.

I always take my BBT at the same time and do it before I get up, so there should be no question over the temps.

I'm so confused and would really appreciate any advice or similar stories.

I'm sorry you still don't have any answers :hugs: Assuming all your testing so far has been hpts, you may want to think about getting a blood test. I hope you get your answers soon. It can be so frustrating and confusing! Hang in there!!!!

I know this is an old thread but I'm having the exact same issues at the mo that you were having and wondered what the outcome was for you?

Normal AF. BBT came down after 5 days!

Fingers crossed it's not the same for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"